Locations: TX - Plano, United States of America, Plano, Texas
Manager, IT Service Desk
The IT Service Desk Manager is responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the IT Service Desk, including managing a team of IT Service Desk engineers, ensuring timely and effective technical support to internal customers, and ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction. The role requires strong leadership, technical knowledge, communication skills, and the ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. Responsibilities:
- Manage and lead a team of IT Service Desk engineers
- Providing guidance and support as needed.
- Ensure the team provides timely and efficient technical support to all customers, including troubleshooting, diagnosing, and resolving technical issues.
- Monitor and manage the performance of the IT Service Desk team, ensuring all KPIs and SLAs are met or exceeded.
- Develop and implement best practices and standard operating procedures for the IT Service Desk function.
- Collaborate with other Service Desk managers, IT teams and departments to ensure seamless service delivery and customer satisfaction.
- Manage customer expectations and ensure high levels of customer satisfaction through effective communication and issue resolution.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders across the organization, including business units, and other IT teams.
- Identify areas for improvement in the IT Service Desk function and develop and implement strategies to address these areas.
- Manage the IT Service Desk to ensure resources are effectively allocated and utilized.
- Develop and maintain IT Service Desk reports and metrics, providing regular updates to key stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree
- At least 7 years of experience in a technical support role
- At least 3 years of experience in managing IT Operations teams
- At least 6 years of Mac support experience
- At least 6 years of experience troubleshooting Windows Operating Systems
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
- ITIL certification
- 6+ years of Mac support experience
- 6+ years of experience working and troubleshooting Windows Operating Systems
- 4+ years experience managing IT Operations teams
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).