ME Portland-One Monument Sq (25006), United States of America, PORTLAND, Maine
Inside Sales Executive, Business Cards & Payments (Remote Eligible)
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
At Capital One, we don't hire people for positions-we hire people to build evolving, fulfilling careers.
Within the Capital One Business Cards & Payments Team
, our Inside Sales team works with business owners to create long term, meaningful relationships to better understand their business and their entire B2B wallet. Through a consultative approach, we are able to help business owners optimize the rewards and benefits they receive from their Business Card products.
We are committed to helping customers leverage our tools to lower the stress of financial management and increase the profitability of the bottom line. We aspire to become a trusted advisor, an informed teacher, and a concierge to guide and improve the confusing experience of owning, managing, and growing a business. What You'll Do
As a member of our Inside Sales Team, you will be identifying and reaching out to businesses to grow the Capital One brand in an industry changing way. You will serve as a dedicated point of contact for Business Card Customers assisting them in identifying and utilizing the right product to meet their current and future business needs. The ideal candidate will:
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit and serve as an advocate for our customers.
- Thrive working in a fast paced rapidly changing environment, acquiring and maintaining high levels of product, service and process knowledge.
- Be innovative, highly organized, and have a measurable, demonstrated ability to drive business results while delivering superior service to our customers.
- Independent, results-driven, goal-oriented, self-starters will thrive within our organization.
- Strong communication and active listening skills
- Positive "can-do" attitude and strong work ethic.
- Ability to use feedback in a positive way with personal accountability.
- Comfortable in a hunter role, responsible for securing new business by phone
Two open roles supporting territories (virtual): 1) Maine and 2) Virginia. Capital One is open to hiring a Remote Employee for this opportunity. Basic Qualifications :
- Acquiring new Capital One Business Card clients within a designated territory.
- Ability to secure appointments directly with new prospects via cold calling, networking, referrals, etc.
- Engage in phone consultations with business owners and decision makers, learn about their needs, and recommend products to achieve rewards goals
- Effectively manage pipeline of clients & prospects
- Analyze a business's total business spend to identify the right card product and identify additional opportunities to leverage the card.
- Assist the business with incorporating the card into their purchasing platform and bookkeeping software and execute spend conversion plan
- Achieve incremental charge volume targets
- Compliant in all client activities and follow up through use of Salesforce.com
Preferred Qualifications :
- At least 2 years of acquisitions experience or at least 2 years of outbound sales experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
- Bachelor's Degree or Military experience
- 2+ years of acquisitions experience or outbound sales experience
- 2+ years of experience working with small or medium size business customers
- 2+ years of experience in the financial industry
- 3+ years of experience in acquiring new customers in an inside or outside sales environment
- 3+ years of experience meeting a sales metric or sales goal
- Strong computer skills, and ability to multitask and navigate web-based tools
- Proficiency using Salesforce.com
The minimum and maximum full-time annual salaries for this role are listed below, by location. Please note that this salary information is solely for candidates hired to perform work within one of these locations, and refers to the amount Capital One is willing to pay at the time of this posting. Salaries for part-time roles will be prorated based upon the agreed upon number of hours to be regularly worked.
Remote (Regardless of Location): $65,000 - $69,000 for Inside Sales Sr Associate
Candidates hired to work in other locations will be subject to the pay range associated with that location, and the actual annualized salary amount offered to any candidate at the time of hire will be reflected solely in the candidate's offer letter. This role is also eligible to earn performance based incentive compensation, which may include cash bonus(es) and/or long term incentives (LTI). Incentives could be discretionary or non discretionary depending on the plan.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, citizenship, immigration status, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).