Responsibilities & QualificationsRESPONSIBILITIES
- The Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) will have the level of oversight and ensure the credibility of security audits.
- The ISSO will report directly to the Program Manager and work with the Quality Manager to conduct security audits.
- Ensure the day-to-day implementation, oversight, continuous monitoring, and maintenance of the security configuration, practices, and procedures.
- Provide liaison support between the system owner and other IS security personnel
- Ensure that selected security controls are implemented and operating as intended during all phases of the IS lifecycle
- Ensure that system security documentation is developed, maintained, reviewed, and updated on a continuous basis
- Conduct required vulnerability scans according to risk assessment parameters
- Develop Plan of Action and Milestones (POAMs) in response to reported security vulnerabilities
- Ensure traceability of all vulnerabilities from raw assessment results to the POA&M.
- Conducting required vulnerability analysis to support mitigation and residual risk determination.
- Advanced knowledge with data entry in eMASS and Xacta.
- Supporting the continuous monitoring program as necessary when Information System Continuous Monitoring (ISCM) results will be used to support continuing authorization requirements or ongoing authorizations.
- Expert with RMF accreditation packages.
- Experience in all steps of the RMF process.
- Ability to work effectively independently as well as within a team environment.
- Active TS/SCI + Poly
- Active IAM II or III certification
- BS/BA degree (Computer Science, Networking, Software Engineering, Information Security or related field)
- A minimum of 5 years serving as an Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) at a cleared facility
- Experience in a computer science or Cybersecurity related field
- US Citizen
We are seeking an ISSO to join our team supporting the ORCHID PROGRAM at Liberty Crossing Intelligence Campus, Tysons, VA and Intelligence Community Campus, Bethesda, MD.
TekSynap is a fast growing high-tech company that understands both the pace of technology today and the need to have a comprehensive well planned information management environment. "Technology moving at the speed of thought" embodies these principles - the need to nimbly utilize the best that information technology offers to meet the business needs of our Federal Government customers.
We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans, vacation time and holidays.
Visit us at www.TekSynap.com .
Apply now to explore jobs with us!
The safety and health of our employees is of the utmost importance. Employees are required to comply with any contractually mandated Federal COVID-19 requirements. More information can be found here .
By applying to a role at TekSynap you are providing consent to receive text messages regarding your interview and employment status. If at any time you would like to opt out of text messaging, respond "STOP".Additional Job Information COMPETENCIES
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Establish Focus
- Change Management
- Develop Others
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Interpersonal Awareness
- Build Relationships
- Analytical Thinking
- Conceptual Thinking
- Strategic Thinking
- Technical Expertise
- Foster Innovation
- Results Oriented
- Customer Service
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Location(s): WASHINGTON METRO AREA (WMA) (Tysons, VA &/or Bethesda, MD)
- Type of environment: Office
- Noise level: Low
- Work schedule: Schedule is day shift Monday - Friday. May be requested to work evenings and weekends to meet program and contract needs.
- Amount of Travel: Local travel between two sites, based on the contract needs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, feel, touch; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds; and up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE
Citizenship: U.S. Citizenship
Clearance requirement: TS/SCI + Poly OTHER DUTIES
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. TekSynap does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, national origin, disability, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status"). This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions such as promotions, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
TekSynap is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please contact email@example.com for assistance.