Responsibilities & Qualifications
Data Center Engineer to provide technical leadership and support in the areas of IT planning, solution specification/design, implementation and target architecture development for the AFNCR Consolidated Communication Center (CCC). The Data Center Engineer will support the 844 th Communications Group at Joint Base Andrews (JBA). This role includes supporting the Air Force District of Washington (AFDW) and Headquarters Air Force (HAF) customers on both NIPRNet and SIPRNet domains for the development of the CCC building. The qualified candidate will have knowledge of information technology commercial solutions and experience designing and developing technical solutions. The preferred candidate will have excellent communications skills, a strong customer service orientation and experience serving as an advisor to Chief Architect and other Government/Contractor staff and managers.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in planning, coordinating, and managing the technical aspects in projects related to the CCC datacenter. As well, identify and manage dependencies between these projects and with other ongoing activities.
- Lead and assist with all design aspects of the CCC data center support systems, to include AC/DC power, UPS, HVAC, carrier infrastructures, internal/external cable plant, and overall data center layout.
- Produce architectural artifacts to include system design diagrams, recommendation justifications, and technical specifications.
- Communicate conceptual designs and create/maintain project documentation before, during, and after construction.
- Create and review civil/structural/architectural design RFPs.
- Assist with managing consultants/contractors through the design and construction process.
- Effectively communicate design standards to internal and external project partners
- Think outside of the box to find innovative solutions prior to and during the construction process to reduce costs without negative impacts on quality or reliability.
- Conduct site assessments, internal design meetings, construction reviews.
- Assess client's current IT and facility infrastructure.
- Bachelor's Degree with 15+ years in Civil Engineering or the equivalent relevant experience in datacenter or mission critical facilities design.
- Possess an active Secret security clearance
- Current DoD 8570 baseline certification for IAT II (one of the following: GSEC, Security+, SCNP and SSCP certifications)
- Proficiency in building codes, regulations, and standards
- Ability to build and maintain relationships, partnerships and external networks
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision and work effectively in a collaborative team environment while keeping the team informed.
- Excellent customer facing skills.
- Excellent researching, decision-making and organizational skills are required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Microsoft Visio or AutoCAD.
- Maintain confidentiality and adhere to data protection and other guidelines where appropriate.
- Experience or familiarity with DCIM management software such as NLYTE
We are seeking an Data Center Engineer to join our team supporting AFNCR at Joint Base Andrews, MD.
The AFNCR IT Services program provides support services for information systems for Headquarters Air Force (HAF), Air Force District of Washington (AFDW), Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD), Joint Chiefs of Staff, and other Air Force activities within the AFNCR missions to include the Pentagon, Joint Base Andrews (JBA), Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling (JBAB), and other locations, leased spaces, and alternate sites.
TekSynap is a fast growing high-tech company that understands both the pace of technology today and the need to have a comprehensive well planned information management environment. "Technology moving at the speed of thought" embodies these principles - the need to nimbly utilize the best that information technology offers to meet the business needs of our Federal Government customers.
We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans, vacation time and holidays.
Visit us at www.TekSynap.com .
Apply now to explore jobs with us!
The safety and health of our employees is of the utmost importance. Employees are required to comply with any contractually mandated Federal COVID-19 requirements. More information can be found here .
By applying to a role at TekSynap you are providing consent to receive text messages regarding your interview and employment status. If at any time you would like to opt out of text messaging, respond "STOP".Additional Job Information COMPETENCIES
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Establish Focus
- Change Management
- Develop Others
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Interpersonal Awareness
- Build Relationships
- Analytical Thinking
- Conceptual Thinking
- Strategic Thinking
- Technical Expertise
- Foster Innovation
- Results Oriented
- Customer Service
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Location: Joint Base Andrews, MD
- Type of environment: Office
- Noise level: (Low, Medium, High)
- Work schedule: Dayshift; core support hours are 0600 -1800
- Amount of Travel: up to 10%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, feel, touch; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds; and up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE
Clearance requirement: Active Secret OTHER DUTIES
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. TekSynap does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, national origin, disability, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status"). This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions such as promotions, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
TekSynap is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.