Responsibilities & QualificationsRESPONSIBILITIES
- Successful systems development experience involving COTS/GOTS integration
- Preparing solution packages documenting recommended technical solutions and estimated costs and benefits.
- Identify, assess, and present options for meeting the functional and technical requirements, which might include hardware and software updates or upgrades
- Produce architectural artifacts to include system design diagrams, recommendation justifications, and technical specifications.
- Design and implement virtualization solutions using validated methodologies; maintaining and upgrading datacenter virtualization and network virtualization & cloud environments.
- Design and define solution capabilities that satisfy customer business drivers / requirements and meet service delivery objectives
- Help resolve issues that arise in implementing solutions and systemic incident resolution.
- Lead execution of the full project lifecycle, from planning, through implementation, to operational readiness
- Lead technical discussions both internally and with customer teams
- Provide transparent and regular status updates in requested format
- Responsible for implementing process improvements and providing suggestions for tools, automation, etc.
- Maintain core working hours but remain flexible to support after-hours maintenance windows (as necessary)
- Be available for on-call support and systems engineering expertise when operational issues or outages are escalated (as necessary)
- Participating as a member of the Solution Engineering Team as well as working with the AFDW Enterprise Architecture team to document, design and achieve target architectures
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical discipline and 8-12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6-10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Possess an active Secret security clearance
- Current DoD 8570 baseline certification for IAT II (one of the following: GSEC, Security+, SCNP and SSCP certifications)
- Currently possesses one or more of the following: VCP, VCP-NV, VCP-DTM, CCNA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, AWS SA, RHCSA (RedHat), RHCSE (RedHat).
- Strong communication, presentation, and facilitation skills
- Customer service oriented
- Microsoft Server experience ( 2012, 2016, 2019 & 2022)
- Microsoft Windows Active Directory Management
- Experience with Storage Area Networks
- Experience Network Monitoring tools (SolarWinds, SCOM, vROPS)
- Experience with DISA STIGs, Air Force MTOs, TCNOs and other guidance
- Knowledge of DoD and/or USAF systems engineering processes and procedures
- Project Management Experience
- Experience with a ticketing system such as Remedy
- Experience working with VMWare virtual environments
- Experience with maintaining Satellite Server 6.8 and above
- Experience with administering RHEL 7 & RHEL 8 systems
- Experience with Dell EMC Unity Storage Arrays
We are seeking a Systems Engineer to join our team supporting AFNCR at Joint Base Andrews, MD(JBA)/Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling (JBAB).
The AFNCR IT Services program provides support services for information systems for Headquarters Air Force (HAF), Air Force District of Washington (AFDW), Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD), Joint Chiefs of Staff, and other Air Force activities within the AFNCR missions to include the Pentagon, Joint Base Andrews (JBA), Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling (JBAB), and other locations, leased spaces, and alternate sites.
TekSynap is a fast growing high-tech company that understands both the pace of technology today and the need to have a comprehensive well planned information management environment. "Technology moving at the speed of thought" embodies these principles - the need to nimbly utilize the best that information technology offers to meet the business needs of our Federal Government customers.
We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans, vacation time and holidays.
Visit us at www.TekSynap.com .
Apply now to explore jobs with us!
The safety and health of our employees is of the utmost importance. Employees are required to comply with any contractually mandated Federal COVID-19 requirements. More information can be found here .
By applying to a role at TekSynap you are providing consent to receive text messages regarding your interview and employment status. If at any time you would like to opt out of text messaging, respond "STOP".Additional Job Information COMPETENCIES
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Establish Focus
- Change Management
- Develop Others
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Interpersonal Awareness
- Build Relationships
- Analytical Thinking
- Conceptual Thinking
- Strategic Thinking
- Technical Expertise
- Foster Innovation
- Results Oriented
- Customer Service
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Location: Joint Base Andrews, MD(JBA)/Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling(JBAB)
- Type of environment: Office
- Noise level: (Low, Medium, High)
- Work schedule: Dayshift; core support hours are 0600 -1800
- Amount of Travel: up to 10%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, feel, touch; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds; and up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE
Clearance requirement: Active Secret OTHER DUTIES
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. TekSynap does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, national origin, disability, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status"). This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions such as promotions, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
TekSynap is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.