Responsibilities & QualificationsRESPONSIBILITIES
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot server systems (i.e., Windows, Linux, Appliances)
- Collaborate with Lead Engineer to identify, assess, and present options for meeting the functional and technical requirements, which may include hardware and/or software.
- Manage and configure VDI environments
- Document and enforce hardware standards
- Manage and maintain IP addressing schema
- Performs security hardening, patching and server certificate updates. Works with Cloud technologies.
- Develops documentation for System Installation Plans and System Administration Guides.
- Perform other tasks as directed by Lead Engineers or Project Manager
- Provide transparent and regular status updates in requested format.
- Bachelor's Degree with 7+ years related experience or the equivalent relevant experience.
- Possess an active Secret security clearance.
- Current DoD 8570 baseline certification for IAT II (one of the following: GSEC, Security+, SCNP and SSCP certifications)
- ITIL training and/or certification.
- Ability to work independently, and work effectively in a collaborative team environment while keeping the team informed.
- Excellent customer facing skills.
- Excellent researching, decision-making and organizational skills are required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Microsoft Visio.
- Maintain confidentiality and adhere to data protection and other guidelines where appropriate.
- Ample experience with VMs and application migrations in general.
- Understand snapshot, cloning and vMotion.
- Proven experience as a VMware Engineer or in a similar role, with a deep understanding of VMware virtualization technologies (vSphere, ESXi, vCenter Server).
- Strong knowledge of server hardware, storage, and networking concepts in virtualized environments.
- Experience with designing and implementing VMware virtual infrastructure solutions, including scalability and high availability considerations.
- Experience with standing up ESXi hosts, various versions, AD integrations, time, and DNS services.
- Experience with VMware licensing.
- Experience with NSX tool, install, configure and various migration strategies.
- VMware certifications (such as VCP, VCAP, VCIX) are highly desirable.
- MCSE certification.
- Experience with vRealize tools such as vROPs, VRNI, HCX, and vCloud.
- Expertise with metro or stretched cluster, VMware vSAN, in a standalone cluster as well as the stretched cluster and data replications.
- Expertise with VMware affinity rules, High availability, and DRS as well as host patching and upgrades.
- Good understanding of stretched cluster networking requirements, VMware and network ports and protocol, vSAN policies, VMware vCenter 7 and ESXi 7, and security requirements, ESXi 7 STIG and certificates requirements.
- Understanding of data deduplication, compression and encryption, witness site and its rule, and nested nodes.
- Proficiency in troubleshooting VMware-related issues, analyzing logs, and diagnosing performance problems.
- Exposure to Oracle and SQL databases.
- ITSM knowledge and experience, particularly with Remedy.
We are seeking a Systems Engineer (VMware/Server) to join our team supporting AFNCR at Joint Base Andrews, MD(JBA).
The AFNCR IT Services program provides support services for information systems for Headquarters Air Force (HAF), Air Force District of Washington (AFDW), Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD), Joint Chiefs of Staff, and other Air Force activities within the AFNCR missions to include the Pentagon, Joint Base Andrews (JBA), Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling (JBAB), and other locations, leased spaces, and alternate sites.
TekSynap is a fast growing high-tech company that understands both the pace of technology today and the need to have a comprehensive well planned information management environment. "Technology moving at the speed of thought" embodies these principles - the need to nimbly utilize the best that information technology offers to meet the business needs of our Federal Government customers.
We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans, vacation time and holidays.
Visit us at www.TekSynap.com .
Apply now to explore jobs with us!
The safety and health of our employees is of the utmost importance. Employees are required to comply with any contractually mandated Federal COVID-19 requirements. More information can be found here .
By applying to a role at TekSynap you are providing consent to receive text messages regarding your interview and employment status. If at any time you would like to opt out of text messaging, respond "STOP".Additional Job Information COMPETENCIES
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Establish Focus
- Change Management
- Develop Others
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Interpersonal Awareness
- Build Relationships
- Analytical Thinking
- Conceptual Thinking
- Strategic Thinking
- Technical Expertise
- Foster Innovation
- Results Oriented
- Customer Service
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Location: Joint Base Andrews, MD (JBA)
- Type of environment: Office
- Noise level: (Low, Medium, High)
- Work schedule: Dayshift; core support hours are 0600 -1800
- Amount of Travel: up to 10%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, feel, touch; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds; and up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE
Clearance requirement: Active Secret clearance OTHER DUTIES
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. TekSynap does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, national origin, disability, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status"). This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions such as promotions, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
TekSynap is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.