Responsibilities & QualificationsRESPONSIBILITES
- Provide vulnerability scanning, report vulnerabilities, and develop mitigation recommendations/resolutions, as necessary, to ensure security compliance of USCYBERCOM networks.
- Assist in the development of cybersecurity awareness training materials that are unique to the operational environment to ensure personnel understand cybersecurity procedures to safeguard home and office data and systems.
- Assist in the development of a monthly newsletter with critical cybersecurity information, attend IT developmental meetings, and provide summary notes for the Cybersecurity Awareness Newsletter.
- Conduct monthly scans of IT networks to ensure compliance with DoD/NSA Information Assurance Vulnerability Alert (IAVA)/Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) and USCYBERCOM 5200-08 requirements and submit status reports to the Cybersecurity Manager.
- Conduct risk reviews and assist in the development of associated Risk Management Framework (RMF)-related Sector-Specific Plans and provide cybersecurity-related input to Cybersecurity Training and Awareness Documents.
- Conduct vulnerability detection and analysis on specific SW packages and operating systems as needed to identify potential vulnerabilities.
- 10+ Years of Expereince
- Bachelor of Science (BS)
- Top Secret / SCI with CI Poly
- DoD 8570 IAM Level II
We are seeking a Senior Cyber Analyst to join our team supporting U.S. CYBERCOM in Ft Meade, Maryland.
United States Cyber Command (USCYBERCOM) is a unified Combatant Command whose mission is to plan, coordinate, integrate, synchronize, and conduct activities to direct the operations and defense of the Department of Defense Information Network (DODIN) and conduct full spectrum military cyberspace operations. Since its inception, USCYBERCOM's mission has been rapidly evolving to effectively operate and defend the DODIN and to integrate and coordinate Department of Defense (DoD) Offensive Cyber Operations (OCO) and Defensive Cyber Operations (DCO).
TekSynap is a fast-growing high-tech company that understands both the pace of technology today and the need to have a comprehensive well planned information management environment. "Technology moving at the speed of thought" embodies these principles - the need to nimbly utilize the best that information technology offers to meet the business needs of our Federal Government customers.
We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans, vacation time and holidays.
Visit us at www.TekSynap.com .
Apply now to explore jobs with us!
The safety and health of our employees is of the utmost importance. Employees are required to comply with any vaccination requirements mandated by contract, applicable law or regulation.
By applying to a role at TekSynap you are providing consent to receive text messages regarding your interview and employment status. If at any time you would like to opt out of text messaging, respond "STOP".Additional Job Information COMPETENCIES
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Establish Focus
- Change Management
- Develop Others
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Interpersonal Awareness
- Build Relationships
- Analytical Thinking
- Conceptual Thinking
- Strategic Thinking
- Technical Expertise
- Foster Innovation
- Results Oriented
- Customer Service
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Location: Ft. Meade, Maryland
- Type of environment: Office
- Noise level: Medium
- Work schedule: Schedule is day shift Monday - Friday. May be requested to work evenings and weekends to meet program and contract needs.
- Amount of Travel: 10%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, feel, touch; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds; and up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE
TS/SCI with CI Poly OTHER DUTIES
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. TekSynap does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status"). This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions such as promotions, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.