Responsibilities & QualificationsJob Summary:
The Training and Development Specialist shall assist in the development, review, analysis, coordination, validation, and delivery of recommendations concerning IPPS-A integration into HR course POIs and lesson plan curriculum. Critical to this effort is the integration of IPPS-A program development materials from the Army G1 IPPS-A Program that influences HR operations and training under Army Multi-Domain Operations. Provide subject matter experts (SMEs) to perform analysis on both current and proposed personnel and pay processes during the development and fielding of IPPS-A. Participate in the review of approximately sixteen (16), both Active Component (AC) and Reserve Component (RC) versions, HR courses and provide analysis, as well as make recommendations for improvement, and participate in the design and development of those changes.Supervisory Responsibilities:
• No direct supervisory responsibilities but may be selected to lead work in support of
training development products.Duties/Responsibilities:
• Assesses training and development needs through surveys, interviews, focus groups,
and communication with managers, instructors, developers, and customer
• Assist in the loading of Lesson Plans into the Army Training Development Capability
(TDC) database and ensure all training material for Army HR professional courses follow
locally approved formats, routing, and approval requirements.
• Assist with developing three (3) IPPS-A Functional Courses dependent on government
input and products and revision of two existing (2) IPPS-A Functional Courses.
• Create new or revise existing training products and supporting material to maintain
realistic, relevant, and robust curriculums to challenge student learning abilities.
• Evaluates training products outcomes and effectiveness through assessments, surveys,
classroom observations, lessons learned and feedback loops.
• Create, organize, plan, and present training product briefs in various forms.
• Maintains knowledge of the latest U.S. Laws, Policies, Regulations pertaining to the
professional development of Human Resources Specialists in the U.S. Army.
• Assist with development of Medical Planner's Toolkit (MPTk) training material and
• Maintains Organizational Process Assets, i.e., records of training and development
products for historical purposes.
• Works under minimal direction and guidance.
• Coordinates and leads collaboration with multiple teams across organizations.
• Provide updated status of course delivery revisions. (Continuous)
• Performs other related duties as required. Required Skills/Abilities:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong presentation skills.
• Adept with a variety of multimedia training platforms and methods.
• Ability to design and implement effective training and development.
• Ability to evaluate and research training options and alternatives.
• Extremely proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and related program software.
• Demonstrated Instructional Design/Development skills and experience with e-learning
authoring tools (i.e., TRADOC Development Capability (TDC) System, Blackboard, ADDIE
Model, Captivate, etc.).
• Experience in developing Program and Milestones (POAMs).
• Experience with eLearning content creation.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and use tact when interacting with employees,
managers, and HR colleagues to understand and resolve potentially sensitive issues.
• Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills.
• Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and be proactive in a fast-paced environment.Education and Experience:
• AA or BA degree in Human Resources, Training and Development, or a related HR or IT
• At least five years of work experience required.Physical Requirements:
• Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
• Must be able to lift a minimum of 15 pounds at timesOverview
We are seeking a Instructional Coordinator to join our team supporting ITES-SSI HR Transformation in Fort Jackson, SC.
TekSynap is a fast growing high-tech company that understands both the pace of technology today and the need to have a comprehensive well planned information management environment. "Technology moving at the speed of thought" embodies these principles - the need to nimbly utilize the best that information technology offers to meet the business needs of our Federal Government customers.
We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans, vacation time and holidays.
Visit us at www.TekSynap.com .
Apply now to explore jobs with us!
The safety and health of our employees is of the utmost importance. Employees are required to comply with any contractually mandated Federal COVID-19 requirements. More information can be found here .
By applying to a role at TekSynap you are providing consent to receive text messages regarding your interview and employment status. If at any time you would like to opt out of text messaging, respond "STOP".Additional Job Information COMPETENCIES
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Establish Focus
- Change Management
- Develop Others
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Interpersonal Awareness
- Build Relationships
- Analytical Thinking
- Conceptual Thinking
- Strategic Thinking
- Technical Expertise
- Foster Innovation
- Results Oriented
- Customer Service
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Location: Fort Jackson, SC
- Type of environment: Office, Remote, Varies
- Noise level: Low, Medium
- Work schedule: Schedule is day shift Monday - Friday. May be requested to work evenings and weekends to meet program and contract needs.
- Amount of Travel: Less than 10%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, feel, touch; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds; and up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE
Must be a U.S. Citizen
Clearance requirement: Able to obtain a favorable National Agency Check (NAC) OTHER DUTIES
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. TekSynap does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, national origin, disability, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status"). This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions such as promotions, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
TekSynap is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please contact email@example.com for assistance.