RequirementsConditions of Employment
- You will modify and execute USNA's comprehensive outreach plan and/or methods of patient management.
- You will oversee the coordination and integration of outreach activities across the Yard (campus) and with other service academies.
- You will assess emerging student needs and develop effective techniques to help foster resilience.
- You will be a collaborative member of a multidisciplinary staff that supports the well-being of a military academy community.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- You will be required to successfully complete a pre-appointment physical examination.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment drug test (including marijuana) is required. A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if you fail to report to the drug test appointment or fail the test. You will be subject to random testing.
- This position may require travel from normal duty station to CONUS and OCONUS and may include remote or isolated sites. You must be able to travel on military and commercial aircraft for extended periods of time.
- You will be required to complete training, obtain, and maintain a government credit card for travel and travel-related purchases.
In addition to the Basic Requirements for this position, your resume must also demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-12 grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector. Specialized experience must demonstrate the following: 1) Applying treatment methods and treatment interventions to counsel patients in a military academy or college setting; 2) Conducting both individual and group counseling to patients; 3) Applying best practices in outreach psycho-education services; 4) Providing input to recommend changes for clinical and administrative processes.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management website:
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. EducationApplicants must meet the following Basic Requirements of the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualifications Standards Manual:
Clinical psychology: For positions at grades GS-11 and above, satisfactory completion of all the requirements a the doctoral degree (Ph.D. or equivalent) directly related to full professional work in clinical psychology is required. Additional information
This announcement uses the Certain Personnel of the DoD/modified direct hire authority to recruit and appoint qualified candidates to positions in the competitive service.
This position is at the full performance level.
A 40 hour work week is typical in this position.
Certain incentives (such as Recruitment, Relocation or Student Loan Repayment) may be authorized to eligible selectees.
A relocation incentive is generally a single payment intended to offset some of the relocation costs experienced by the selectee. A relocation incentive may be authorized.
Work hour may be varied and may include evening and weekends.
This position is eligible for part time, substantial or ad-hoc telework at the discretion of management.PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee sits comfortably to do the work. However,
there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying of light items, such as papers,
books, or small parts. No special physical demands are required to perform the work. The
work requires the ability to listen well and pay attention for long periods of time. The work
requires frequent documentation using electronic health records. The clinic is located on a
second floor without elevator access. The work may involve sitting for long periods of time.
It is important that the incumbent is able to hear well and speak clearly to understand and
be understood by others. The work requires emotional stability and maturity in the face of
The environment involves everyday risks or discomforts that require normal safety
precautions typical of such places as offices, meeting and training rooms, libraries,
residences, or commercial vehicles, e.g., use of safe work practices with office equipment,
avoidance of trips and falls, observance of fire regulations and traffic signals. The work
area is adequately lighted, heated, and ventilated.
This position is covered by the Department of Defense Priority Placement Program.
Several vacancies may be filled.
A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if the selectee fails to meet the pre-employment requirements, including failure to report to any of the scheduled appointments.
Federal annuitant information: The selection of an annuitant is subject to the Department of Defense and Department of the Navy policy on the employment of annuitants. Policy information may be found at: http://www.secnav.navy.mil/donhr/Documents/CivilianJobs/FedCivAnnuitants.pdf .
Veteran's preference does not apply when selecting individuals under this specific hiring authority. However, if you claim veteran's preference, you will be required to submit supporting documentation with your application as described in the Required Documents section below.