RequirementsConditions of Employment
- Daily duties for this position will be Personal Training and Asst with MWR Programs.
- Assist in the planning, marketing and conducting an ongoing intramural program to provide conditioning for facility users.
- Conducts personal training, small group sessions and proper conditioning.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required.
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position.
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check.
- Subject to satisfactory completion of all pre-employment checks in accordance with AR 215-3, para.2.
- Incumbent may also required to complete a Tier 1 background investigation for a Common Access Card for physical access to federally-controlled facilities.
- Candidate will be expected to work between the hours of 0530 to 1800 Monday thru Friday.
1. Demonstrated Work experience that enables the candidate to independently carry out a basic physical fitness program, and a Fitness or Personal Trainer Certificate.Highly Qualified:
1. Successful completion of an undergraduate or graduate degree in related fields such as Exercise Science, Physical Education or Kinesiology.
2. Certification in Specialized Program Instructor Areas i.e. Individualized Fitness Assessment, Benefits of Exercise, and Group Exercise, NASM-CPT, CSCS, TSAC-F. Education
This job does not have an education qualification requirement. Additional informationPosition Incentives:
Area of Consideration:
- Post Exchange Privileges
- Free on-site parking
- Renewal/Maintaining Personal Training Certification will be paid DLA
- The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is Local (within a 50 mile commuting radius of Fort Belvoir, Virginia). (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)
Allowances, Incentives, and PCS Costs:
- If you are unable to apply online, you may submit your application package using a manual application method. Please contact the NAF Human Resources Office or representative listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form. All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 3:00 PM EST by 09/28/2023 in order to process your application in a timely manner. Please note that neglecting to respond to the job related questions may result in an ineligible rating.
Please check out our Applicant Information Kit:
- Allowances, differentials, or incentives will not be paid.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs are not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- It contains additional information applicants may find useful when applying for our jobs. (To view the kit, click or copy and paste this URL: https://publicfileshare.chra.army.mil/Applicants/NAF%20Applicant%20Information%20Kit.pdf ).
- Information may be requested regarding the vaccination status of selectees for the purposes of implementing workplace safety protocols. For more information, visit https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/faq/vaccinations/
- Additional referrals may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.