RequirementsConditions of Employment
- Preparing and delivering sanitizing bleach solution for use in classrooms, sanitizing toys that have been handled by children, replenishing classroom supplies when required, delivering program supplies and materials to classrooms, etc
- Emptying diaper pails and/or trash, returning food carts to the kitchen after meals and snacks, and cleaning up after classroom accidents (child illness and toileting, water on floor, etc) which may pose a threat to child safety
- May be required to clean floors and tables after meals and snacks. Provides routine light cleaning/dusting of classrooms/activity areas and materials as required
- Picks up soiled linens from classroom and carts them to the laundry room. Washes and dries linens and towels using standard, household grade laundry machine and dryer; returns clean linens to classrooms
- Makes up cribs. May be required to launder staff uniforms. Cleans laundry room. May be required to maintain inventory of staff uniforms.
- Must be at least 18 years of age at the time of appointment.
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required.
- Meet qualification/eligibility/physical/background requirements for this position.
- Must have current health assessment which documents good mental and physical health, freedom from communicable disease, and immunizations in accordance with current Army and DoD policy including annual influenza vaccinations
- A one year probationary period may be required (either initially or upon conversion, if applicable).
- Successful completion of annual training requirements within the prescribed time frame and demonstrated on the job competence is required
- May be subject to an irregular hours, evening and or weekends. Position may include some evening/weekend hours.
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) Check
- Moderately heavy physical effort is used occasionally in moving, setting up, and working from ladders and scaffolds. Occasionally lifts and moves objects weighing 40 pounds or more.
- Usually works indoors in areas which normally have adequate heat, light, and ventilation.
- Continually exposed to dust, dirt, and grease, and standing on concrete floors. May be exposed to skin irritations from cleaning solutions. Could be subject to falls from ladders or scaffolds.
- Use of heavy powered cleaning equipment may be required, but not on a continual basis.
- All required background checks of AR 215-3, para.2 and the Crime Control Act must be successfully completed and maintained, including Child and Youth Tier 1 background investigation.
Must have the ability to perform the duties described above without more than normal supervision. Must be able to dilute and use various cleaning and sanitizing solutions to disinfect items and/or remove different types of stains on varying surfaces.
Candidates will be evaluated on the following elements as they relate to the duties above:
- Ability to keep things neat, clean, and in order
- Ability to follow instructions- Must be able to speak and understand English.
- Ability to use and maintain required tools and equipment (vacuum cleaners, brooms, mops)
.Physical effort and working conditions:
Moderately heavy physical effort is used occasionally in moving, setting up, and working from ladders and scaffolds. Use of heavy powered cleaning equipment (wall washers, industrial-type buffers) may be required, but not on a continual basis. Occasionally lifts and moves objects weighing 40 pounds or more. Usually works indoors in areas which normally have adequate heat, light, and ventilation. Continually exposed to dust, dirt, and grease, and standing on concrete floors. May be exposed to skin irritations from cleaning solutions. Could be subject to falls from ladders or scaffolds.
The full position description can be found here. Education
This job does not have an education qualification requirement. Additional information Area of Consideration
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is local commuting area of Fort Meade, MD. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) Preference eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.) Manual Application
Allowances, Incentives and PCS Costs:
- If you would like to apply manually, please contact the servicing NAF Human Resources (HRO) listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form. All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 3:00 pm CST on the closing date of this announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner.
- To better expedite the hiring process, we recommend including full contact information (name, address, phone number, email, etc.) for professional and personal references on your resume.
- Allowances, differentials, or incentives will not be paid.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs are not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- To attract a larger applicant pool, this announcement has been extended to close on 5/4/23. Eligible applicants that applied on or before 4/25/23 will be sent first for consideration.
- Additional referrals may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. (To view the kit, https://publicfileshare.chra.army.mil/Applicants/NAF%20Applicant%20Information%20Kit%20for%20Army%20NAF%20Childcare%20Positions.pdf
- Information may be requested regarding the vaccination status of selected applicants for the purposes of implementing other workplace safety protocols. For more information, visit https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/faq/vaccinations/ .
- Learn more about Child and Youth Services, click here !