- Provides customer service, information and support of Community Recreation programs and activities. Service to MWR customers includes but is not limited to: checking patron eligibility to ensure authorized use of recreation facilities, resources and equipment, providing information about activities and program offerings, opening and closing facilities, ordering and restocking supplies, and preparing snack bar menu items or pre- packaged retail items.
- Collects fees from customers associated with sales of tickets, retail and rental items, as well as from classes, trips, and various other Community Recreation programs using Point of Sales (POS) and computer programs.
- Is accountable for the accuracy of daily sales transactions and completes a Daily Activity Report (DAR) at the end of every shift.
- Assists in processing customer Internet registrations (i.e., Net Near You), initial logins and event registrations.
- Checks Community Recreation equipment and resources in and out, collects any applicable rental fees, inventories items and completes inspections upon return.
- Notifies supervisor or program lead if damage or loss has occurred.
- Ensures all rental or check-out forms are properly completed and reservation and check- out procedures are followed.
- Conducts inventory, maintains inventory controls and maintains equipment for proper accountability of program equipment and resources.
- Assists in administering traditional and non-traditional workshops, clinics and events in a variety of leisure and recreation skills subject areas, in tune with offerings popular in the local area, including but not limited to camping, cycling, sailing, backpacking, canoeing, snow skiing, hiking and water sports.
- Provides recreation experiences related to leisure skill sets in the form of day and weekend trips.
- Assists in day-to-day administration of multiple programs to which assigned. Tasks include submission of event after-action reports, patronage data collection and entering program data.
RequirementsConditions of Employment
- Performs inventory of various types of equipment, retail goods, supplies and items deemed to have cash value.
- Performs administrative duties, all of which are accomplished through a variety of means, including computer software programs which track resource inventories, patron usage/comments, and program standards metrics.
- Assists with recruitment, training and scheduling of Community Recreation staff.
- Actively supports the command statement on adherence to EEO principles and policies.
- Assists in the planning, coordinating, publicizing, marketing and execution of MWR programs and special events.
- Performs entertainment and promotion scheduling.
- Assists in updating of electronic and multi-media support tools, as needed.
- Seeks ways to promote MWR facilities and events through outreach opportunities on base.
- Promotes use of recreational E-reading resources available through online MWR Library Program resources.
- Develops working partnerships with both on base and off base organizations (park districts, forest preserve, clubs, special interest groups, etc.) to support and benefit MWR programs.
- Performs community outreach to assist in the development of contacts.
- Assists in the creation of professional proposals, execution of agreements and follow-up.
- Researches and provides information and referral for a variety of recreational opportunities for individuals/families on and off the base.
- Adheres to NAVMED P-5010 sanitation requirements.
- Initiates and follows up on maintenance trouble calls to get equipment/facility issues resolved.
- Provides support for Community Recreation event set up and break down.
- Performs other duties as assigned as they pertain to the duties of this position.
QualificationsResumes must include information which demonstrates experience and knowledge, skills, and ability (KSAs) as they relate to this position. Applicants are encouraged to be clear and specific when describing their experience level and KSAs.
- Must pass all applicable records and background check.
- Must successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. Any discrepancies must be resolved as a condition of employment.
A qualified candidate possesses the following:
- Combination of experience related to customer service and or recreation activity based functions.
- Ability to organize, plan, administer special events and entertainment activities.
- Must be able to work independently, make sound decisions and have the ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of the goals, principles, techniques and procedures used in organizing, planning and conducting leisure time activities.
- Knowledge of the Navy MWR mission and the entire scope of Community Recreation activities and their suitability for individuals, groups, ages and interests.
- Knowledge of the functions, procedures, and operations of recreation activities.
- Must have strong customer service skills.
- Ability to maintain records, compile and organize data for reports, and perform research on recreation topics for dissemination to customers.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Knowledge of computers, office procedures and print production.
This position does not have a positive education requirement. Additional information
Salary is dependent on experience and/or education. Some positions have special requirements. Selectee may be required to complete a one (1) year probationary period. Participation in Direct Deposit/Electronic Fund Transfer within the first 30 days of employment is required. We utilize E-Verify to confirm selectee's eligibility to work in the United States. Salary is dependent on experience and/or education. This announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies within 60 days of issuance of selection certificate. For positions requiring travel more than twice per year, selectee may be required to obtain and maintain in good standing a Government-issued Travel Card for official government travel purposes. Executive Order 12564 requires a Federal workplace free of illegal drugs. According to the Executive Order, all Federal employees are required to remain drug free throughout their employment. Commander, Navy Installations Command is a Drug-Free Federal Workplace. The use of illegal drugs will not be tolerated, and use of or intoxication by illegal drugs will result in penalties up to and including removal from Federal Service.