West Creek 4 (12074), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
Senior Platform Engineer
Do you love building and pioneering in the technology space? Do you enjoy solving complex technical problems in a fast-paced, collaborative, inclusive, and iterative delivery environment? At Capital One, you'll be part of a big group of makers, breakers, doers and disruptors, who love to solve real problems and meet real customer needs. We are seeking Platform Engineers who are passionate about creating and supporting emerging technologies to join our team. As a Platform Engineer, you'll have the opportunity to be on the forefront of driving a major transformation within Capital One.
- Deployment, management and maintenance of Virtualization platforms (Amazon Workspaces and Citrix) in Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Escalate and drive issues related to support of virtualization platforms
- Join high severity incident calls and lead troubleshooting efforts for a quick recovery.
- Identify, diagnose and resolve Windows based desktop vulnerabilities
- Monitor, troubleshoot, and escalate production problems as per operations processes affecting desktop infrastructure
- Work collaboratively with with other IT team members to resolve complex issues and implement improvements
- Create and maintain comprehensive documentation for all IT systems and services the team supports
- Train users on software and promote IT policies and procedures
- Engage in service capacity planning, demand forecasting, and system tuning
- Excellent problem solving, oral, and written communications
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent certification
- At least 4 years of experience with Citrix applications or Virtual Desktop platforms (Citrix Studio, Citrix Director, Workspace Environment Manager, Dizzion or AWS Workspaces)
- At least 3 years with scripting experience (PowerShell or Python)
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- 6+ years of experience with Citrix applications or Virtual Desktop platforms (Citrix Studio, Citrix Director, Workspace Environment Manager, Dizzion or AWS Workspaces)
- 4+ years of experience supporting Windows-based virtual desktops
- 4+ years of experience in AWS environments
- 4+ years with scripting experience (PowerShell or Python)
- 4+ years of experience with network architecture and troubleshooting firewall issues
- AWS Certified SysOps Administrator, AWS Solutions Architect Associate, Citrix Certified Associate - Virtualization (CCA-V) or similar cloud certification
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, citizenship, immigration status, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).