Locations: TX - Plano, United States of America, Plano, Texas
Sr. Associate, Business Continuity Risk Specialist The Business Risk Office team is seeking a talented team member who will be responsible for providing professional risk judgment that enables business partners to tackle major company challenges in operational resiliency. In this role, you will lean into your analytical and problem solving skills as you support our business partners in managing their Business Continuity Plans, and executing risk-based testing in order to validate control design and effectiveness. The primary function of the Business Continuity Risk Specialist is to ensure that the business continuity program is thoroughly developed and maintained on a regular basis and that the plan appropriately meets the business need. You're responsible for partnering with the business in order to review and analyze the organizational preparedness and make recommendations on how to improve recovery times after a natural disaster. As a team member you will serve as a subject matter expert and provide guidance and governance to business partners for the Business Continuity Disaster Relief (BCDR) processes. Your input and support to maintain our BCDR program policy and governance structure and routines aligns with guidelines. As an integral member of the team, you will have a high level of exposure across the division and partner closely with senior business and risk office leaders, technology, compliance, legal, and operational risk. In your role, you will:
- Gain experience with Operational Resilience frameworks, including Business Continuity, Crisis & Incident Response, Third Party, Cyber and Technology Response
- You will be performing risk management and charged with completing business impact analysis, risk assessments and creating and maintaining business continuity plans.
- Analyze data to proactively identify risks and trends and provide insights that support internal customers in decision-making;
- Ensure independent escalation of risk management gaps, issues, and concerns, including emerging risks and regulatory focus areas
- Meet with key stakeholders and business partners to gather requirements, test control effectiveness, share results, and drive changes to the control environment
- Assist with identification, tracking and mitigation of all aspects of Business Continuity/ Resiliency Management including controls, risks and issues
- Provide support to Capital One's Crisis Management Program
- Provide Audit and Exam management support
- Provide recommendations for improving efficiencies and effectiveness to meet department and company business needs
- Track and ensure remediation of improvement opportunities
- Handle multiple tasks independently to meet deadlines
- Document processes and projects (creating reports, presentations)
- Bachelor's Degree or at least 3 years of experience in Business Continuity Management
- At least 3 years of experience supporting internal business clients
- At least 2 years of experience in Risk Management or Process Management
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position
- Masters Degree
- 2+ years of experience in Business Analytics
- Certified Business Continuity Professional (CBCP) or Master Business Continuity Professional (MBCP)
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, citizenship, immigration status, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).