Center 1 (19052), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Sr. Associate, Project Manager - Climate Strategy, Analysis & AdvisoryClimate Group Summary:
Managing the growing impacts of climate change is a critical issue for Capital One, the banking industry, the economy, the communities we serve, and the world. From driving sustainable economic growth to financing new infrastructure and technologies, we are supplying solutions that our communities will need to thrive in a changing world. Our newly established Climate Strategy, Analysis & Advisory Team is responsible for understanding the shifting climate landscape and advising senior leadership on the implications for Capital One. The team's scope includes organizing and leading company-wide climate strategy efforts, consulting with the climate risk and emissions measurement and disclosure teams, as well as contributing to the broader line of business efforts across the enterprise.
We are seeking an experienced program manager to support the Climate Program team. As a Senior Associate, Project Manager, you will work with smart and passionate people to deliver results that have an impact to drive the performance of the company forward. You will support the execution of several high visibility programs concurrently, and the successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to strategically plan, communicate across the organization, influence as appropriate, and make decisions quickly and effectively. This individual will have a proven track record of managing projects in a dynamic, complex environment. Strong communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to adapt to an ever-changing environment are essential to succeeding in this role. A successful candidate will be able to:
- Drive projects based on defined priorities; monitor and manage critical path, decisions, risks, plan contingencies, facilitate scope changes, identify gaps, and build mitigation plans to achieve desired outcomes
- Being well-managed in everything we do; clearly defining & documenting processes and projects that are clear and transparent.
- Conduct project meetings and own project documentation and tracking
- Work with teams to identify and solve opportunities to improve and streamline project management practices in the organization
- Demonstrate organizational agility to adapt to changing demands
- Build relationships and collaborate with key stakeholders to ensure delivery of commitments
- Program Management: Lead and drive delivery of large projects across diverse teams and locations to timely completion. Delegate and escalate appropriately to overcome obstacles and communicate program status and team achievements
- Project management aspects will include but not limited to climate strategy development, senior leadership reporting development, enterprise-wide climate commitment monitoring, and ad hoc strategic projects
- Develop and manage effective continuous improvement processes for the Climate Strategy, Analysis & Advisory Team
- Partner with internal stakeholders and functional performers to capture, track and drive progress and resolution of risks, assumptions, issues, and decisions
- Manage program communications, leveraging central repository for archival of artifacts
- Influence team and leadership as needed to ensure a timely, well-managed deliverables
- Bachelor's Degree or Military experience
- At least 2 years of Project Management experience
At this time, Capital one will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
- Masters degree or Masters of Business Administration degree
- At least 5 years of Project Management experience
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Strong problem solving and influencing skills
- Work experience achieving results with complex projects
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).