DutiesThis is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the DC Air National Guard. MILITARY REQUIREMENTS:
You must meet the minimum military rank as specified in this announcement. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact a DC Air National Guard recruiter prior to applying for this position. Applicants applying to this position who exceed the maximum military grade listed on this job announcement MUST
submit a statement in writing that they are willing to take an administrative reduction in grade to the advertised military grade on the job announcement for which applying. Applicants who exceed the military grade will NOT
be placed into the technician position until they have been administratively reduced to the military grade on the job announcement. Please note that exceeding the maximum rank does not automatically qualify you for consideration. Compatible military grade and assignment required prior to the effective date of placement. The National Guard's full-time support program requires that all military technicians are members of the National Guard and are appointed to full-time positions which correspond to their military assignments. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership. Minimum Military Rank
: E-3/A1C (RECENT CHANGE) Maximum Military Rank
: E-7/MSGT Compatible Military Assignments
: 2A5XXOther requirements:
For positions requiring the operation of motor vehicles, candidates must have a valid state driver's license for the state in which they live or are principally employed. For positions requiring a security clearance (Secret or Top Secret) the applicant must possess or be able to obtain a clearance within One (1) year of appointment. This position is located in the Aircraft Maintenance Squadron with responsibility for directing the total maintenance effort on individually assigned aircraft. The work involves the total maintenance of complex, high performance military aircraft, ranging from multi-purpose heavy, multi-engine transports to the most modern sophisticated fighters.
- Performs in-process and final inspection of aircraft and components undergoing repair, overhaul and/or modification to verify and certify by signature adherence to work techniques, procedures and quality standards established by applicable publications
- Provides technical guidance and assistance to flight crews regarding observed discrepancies and experienced in-flight characteristics and system malfunctions
- Plans and conducts a flight training program for drill status crew chiefs to include maintenance instruction for assigned aircraft, the use of hand and arm signals used, ground handling of aircraft, use of ground equipment, aircraft loading, hoist operations, emergency procedures, etc.
- Directs, monitors or performs overall maintenance, servicing, inspections and documentation for one or more aircraft.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
For the full position description please click: link RequirementsConditions of Employment
QualificationsPermanent Change of Station (PCS)
- National Guard Membership is required.
- Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Federal employment suitability as determined by a background investigation.
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
- Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
- Minimum Rank: E-3/A1C
- Maximum Rank: E-7/MSgt
- AFSC: 2A5XX
- May occasionally be required to work other than normal duty hours; overtime may be required.
- Announcement is subject to Recruitment, Relocation, or Retention incentive benefits determined by the Commanding General, DCNG, outlined in DCNG Recruitment, Relocation, Retention incentive plan, OPM, DoD, and NGB directives.
: PCS not authorized Relocation Incentive:
Incentive may be authorized Selected Reserve Incentive Program:
Acceptance of this position will cause termination of Federal bonuses pursuant to respective Selected Reserve Incentive Programs (SRIP). This termination may be with or without recoupment of payments already made.NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED:
This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military rank and assignment in the District of Columbia Air National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS MUST BE REPRESENTED BY THE CONTENTS OF YOUR RESUME.
To ensure full credit is given for the qualification requirements listed below please use the USAJobs resume builder.
IF YOU USE YOUR OWN RESUME PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOU INCLUDE THE BEGINNING AND ENDING DATES (MONTH AND YEAR) FOR ALL JOBS LISTED IN YOUR RESUME. GENERAL EXPERIENCE:
Experience or training that has provided the candidate with the skill to remove and replace aircraft parts, accessories, and components, and to make adjustments and settings according to established specifications. Must be skilled in the use of hand tools and test equipment. SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE:
Must possess experience or training in leading lower grade mechanic and installing, and troubleshooting aircraft.Please be advised:
1. Specialized experience will be used to determine qualifications for the announced position.
2. An applicant's RESUME must provide, in detail, how they meet the specialized experience listed.
3. It must be documented with "from (mm/yy)" and "to (mm/yy)" dates and description of the specialized experience.
4. If education or a degree is required as part of the "Specialized Experience", you must include transcripts.Do not copy the specialized experience qualifications word for word and place into your resume; you must describe your personal experience as it pertains to each statement. Plagiarizing from this announcement will immediately disqualify you as an applicant. EducationEducation -
There is no specific education requirements for this position. Additional information
If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency ( https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfRegistration.aspx ).
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application .