RequirementsConditions of Employment
- Perform wellness appointments on a population of privately-owned animals and advise owners on proper immunizations and disease prevention.
- Examine animals, treat diseases and injuries, conduct surgeries. Perform administrative duties such as maintaining legal medical health records.
- Collect body tissue, feces, blood, urine, and other body fluids for examination and diagnostic testing.
- Performs and interprets laboratory findings. Issues health certificates.
- Provides direction and oversight to Animal Health Assistants with regards to veterinary nursing skills, veterinary medical standards, and animal care.
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position
- A one year probationary period may be required
- Satisfactorily complete a physical examination (to include all mandated immunizations to work in a veterinary environment) prior to entrance on duty.
- Must not have an aversion to animals, blood, bodily fluids, animal tissues, strong odors, needles, or sharp instruments.
- Must be able to stand for long periods, restrain animals, kneel, reach, etc.
- Ability to obtain/renew United States Department of Agriculture/Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (USDA/APHIS) accreditation within first 60-days of employment.
- Ability to work occasional Saturdays for special events - as needed by management.
- Federal agencies will request information regarding the COVID-19 vaccination status of applicants for the purposes of implementing other workplace safety protocols, such as protocols related to masking, physical distancing, testing, travel, and quarantine.
Best Qualified Criteria:
- Possess a degree of Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or equivalent degree, i.e., Veterinary Medical Doctor (VMD), obtained at a school or college of veterinary medicine accredited by the American Veterinary Medical Association Council on Education (AVMA).
- Possess a valid unrestricted state license to practice veterinary medicine (may be a valid state license from any US state).
- Official transcripts must be provided prior to time of hire. Unofficial college/university transcripts may be uploaded for initial qualification screening.
- Possess active United States Department of Agriculture/ Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (USDA/APHIS) accreditation.
- Ability to lift 40 lbs and long periods of standing, restraining, kneeling, reaching and sitting, etc.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES/CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT ARE OUTLINED IN PD # 20409 The information provided on your resume should be clear and specific. You will be rated based solely off of the information provided within your resume. Assumptions will not be made regarding your experience and the duties performed. Education Foreign Education:
If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university.Additional information Area of Consideration
- The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is Langley Air Force Base.
- If you are unable to apply online, you may submit your application package using a manual application method. Please contact the NAF Human Resources Office or representative listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form. All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 4:00pm EST (Monday -Thursday) or 3:00pm EST (Friday) on the closing date of the announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner. Please note that neglecting to respond to the job-related questions may result in an ineligible rating.
Pay-Band (NF or CY) Allowances and Differentials
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs are not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
Incentives and Bonuses
- This is a pay-banded position.
- Sunday premium pay may be authorized by the Garrison Commander. If authorized, only regular (full-time, part-time, limited tenure and seasonal) employees may be paid Sunday premium pay. When authorized, Sunday premium will be paid at the rate of 25% of the basic rate for all hours of non-overtime, when any part of the scheduled tour of duty is performed on Sunday (to a maximum of 8 hours per Sunday). Sunday premium will be paid at the rate of 25% of the basic rate for all hours of non-overtime, when any part of the scheduled tour of duty is performed on Sunday (to a maximum of 8 hours per Sunday).
- Night differential may be authorized by the Garrison Commander. When authorized, night differential will be paid at the rate of 10% basic rate for hours of non-overtime work performed between 1800-0600.
Non-Foreign Overseas Allowances
- Incentives will not be paid.
Please check out our Applicant Information Kit
- Non-foreign overseas allowances, cost of living (COLA), and differentials will not be paid, contingent upon eligibility.
- It contains additional information applicants may find useful when applying for our jobs. (To view the kit, click or copy and paste this URL: https://publicfileshare.chra.army.mil/Applicants/NAF%20Applicant%20Information%20Kit.pdf ).
- Salary is pro-rated based on a 40-hour work week.
- Hourly Rate/Salary is NF-04: $43.12ph to $50.31ph ($90,000pa to $105,000pa)
Below defines theemployment category for this position:
Flexible/Intermittent (00 guaranteed hours per week however may be scheduled to work between 0-40 hours per week based on mission needs) Other:
- Work schedule to be determined after hire.
- Information may be requested regarding the vaccination status of selectees for the purposes of implementing workplace safety protocols. For more information, visit https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/faq/vaccinations/
- Additional referrals may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.