RequirementsConditions of Employment
- Cleans rooms, corridors, stairways, and other areas. Sweeps, mops, vacuums, scrubs, strips and polishes using light and heavy duty powered equipment.
- Operates industrial equipment to clean rugs, drapes, etc.
- Performs routine maintenance of equipment.
- Cleans, disinfects and deodorizes toilet facilities. Cleans, and dusts assigned areas.
- Washes walls, windows, blinds and ceiling fixtures using ladders, scaffolds and safety belt. Moves heavy furniture. Maintains stock of room and cleaning supplies to perform assigned duties.
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required.
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check.
- Must meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position.
- Must be able to work during the hours of operation to include nights and weekends.
- Satisfactory completion of pre-employment checks in accordance with AR 215-3, 2-15. Incumbent may also be required to complete a Tier 1 background investigation for a Common Access Card for physical access to federally-controlled facilities.
- The dual compensation guidelines DO NOT apply to this position. All GS and NAF employees whether fulltime or part time are eligible to apply for this position.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment physical is required for this position.
**This skill/knowledge must be reflected on your resume to be considered eligible for this position.** *This is a standing register, applicants will be sent to the hiring manager on a weekly basis as needed. Additional referral lists may be issued at management's request. Education
- Must have knowledge, skills and ability to perform the duties listed above to include the ability to use and maintain the tools and equipment of the trade, to keep the assigned work area neat and clean, and to communicate both orally and in writing.
There is no education requirement for this position. Additional information Area of Consideration:
- The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is for Citizens and Non-Citizens who reside within a 30-mile radius of Fort Gregg-Adams. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration).
Allowances, Incentives, and PCS Costs
- If applying manually, all completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be delivered to the Fort Gregg-Adams NAF Civilian Personnel Advisory Center (CPAC) located at: 700 Quarters Road, Bldg. 12400, Fort Gregg-Adams. VA 23801. Monday thru Friday (not open on Federal Holidays) between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. and NO LATER THAN 3:00 p.m. on the closing date of the announcement. Neglecting to respond to the job related questions will result in an ineligible rating.
Please check out our Applicant Information Kit:
- Allowances, differentials, or incentives will not be paid.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs are not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- It contains additional information applicants may find useful when applying for our jobs. (To view the kit, click or copy and paste this URL: https://publicfileshare.chra.army.mil/Applicants/NAF%20Applicant%20Information%20Kit.pdf ).
- Additional referrals may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Applications are valid for 90 days after submission date. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as additional vacancies occur.