RequirementsConditions of Employment
- Replaces the classroom teacher
- The Substitute Teacher must respect the privacy and sensitivities of students and parents by controlling and restricting personal information to those with a "need to know"
- Plans, organizes, and presents information and instruction which helps students learn subject matter and skills that will contribute to their educational and social development
- Provides instruction which is compatible with the school and system-wide curricular goals
- Interacts effectively with students, co-workers, and parents
- Carries out non-instructional duties as assigned and/or as needed
- Adheres to established laws, policies, rules, and regulations
- Follows a plan for professional development
- Reports to and is supervised by the principal
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Requirement.
- Candidates must reside within local commuting area where position is located.
- Local commuting area is defined as the geographic area surrounding worksite encompassing localities where people live and reasonably can be expected to travel daily to work based on generally held expectations of the local community. (5 CFR 575.203)
- This position requires a Tier 1 (T1) investigation with Childcare Checks since its duties require interaction with children and youth under eighteen (18) years of age.
- Selectee must undergo Background Checks IAW DoDI 1402.5 (e.g. Local Files Check, State Criminal History Records Check, and NACI).
- Employment is subject to successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication.
- Appointment is subject to the completion of a favorable suitability determination and favorable re-investigation every five years.
- Failure to successfully meet/maintain these requirements may be grounds for termination.
- You will be required to participate in Direct Deposit/Electronic Fund Transfer in accordance with DoD Regulation 7000.14R.
- All requirements must be met at time of appointment. You are advised to submit your complete application and all supporting documents promptly as part of your application package.
The minimum qualification to be considered for this position is a high school diploma or general equivalency degree (GED). EducationForeign Education: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet qualification requirements, you must show that your education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. Additional information
Positions under this announcement will be filled by appointment in the Excepted Service under examining authority of 10 U.S.C. Sec 2164.
This announcement may be used for the purpose of filling temporary, intermittent (on call, as needed) seasonal positions for the remainder of the current School Year and for the following School year.
This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies.This is an inventory of candidates; as such, candidates can submit applications at any time.
The minimum pay rate for this position is: $18.01 Per Hour.
The purpose of this announcement is to establish an applicant pool for Training Instructor (Substitute) position(s) that may become available throughout the school year. Positions will be filled based upon the need and request from the school. Applicants will receive notification(s) when their submitted application has been referred for consideration.
NOTE: The local commuting area is defined as the geographic area surrounding a work site that encompasses the localities where people live and reasonably can be expected to travel back and forth daily to work based on the generally held expectations of the local community. (5 CFR 575.203).
Time and attendance will be maintained and monitored by the home school. The home school is the specific school in which the Training Instructor (Substitute) is assigned to at time of hire. Substitute teachers may be shared between all other schools within complex.
Federal Benefits: Temporary, intermittent appointments without an established regular tour of duty are excluded by regulation from leave accrual, health insurance, life insurance, and retirement benefits.