Summary Senior Management Advisor
Are you ready to enhance your skills and build your career in a rapidly evolving business climate? Are you looking for a career where professional development is embedded in your employer's core culture? If so, Chenega Military, Intelligence & Operations Support (MIOS) could be the place for you! Join our team of professionals who support large-scale government operations by leveraging cutting-edge technology and take your career to the next level!
Articus Solutions, LLC is a certified ANC 8(a), Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB) headquartered in Colorado Springs, Colorado. We provide world-class Engineering, Integrated Hardware, and Software, Advisory and Assistance Services (A&AS), Program and Project Management, Subject Matter Experts, Financial and Administrative Services, and Records Management Services. Articus has extensive experience supporting customers throughout the US and around the globe and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Chenega Corporation.
The Senior Management Advisor
shall provide Senior Manager Advisor services in support of required operating units and/or the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). Each unit will have unique requirements based on the office's role and responsibilities. Responsibilities
- Lead informational meetings for new Executive Officer (EXO) staff on subject matter that new Executive Officers should be familiar with in the field.
- Guide new Executive Officers on expectations of an EXO in the field and common issues that may arise.
- Assist new EXOs in the development of relevant detail opportunities and other hands-on developmental opportunities before the first assignment overseas for EXO.
- Plan, establish, and direct a quality improvement program encompassing extremely large, difficult, and diverse projects for the Bureau for Management.
- Analyze and evaluate long-range activities and provide recommendations to improve the effectiveness of operations in meeting mission-critical goals and objectives.
- Compute and estimate the effect of proposed changes in legislation or regulations to determine the impact on management or agency goals.
- Provide a broad analysis and develop appropriate cost-sharing mechanisms, full-cost methodologies, and consumption data.
- Develop and implement procedures and systems for establishing, operating, and assessing the effectiveness of administrative control systems, such as those designed to prevent waste, loss, unauthorized use, or misappropriation of assets.
- Coordinate the development and integration of management processes and business systems documentation.
- Provide expert guidance in the resolution of complex problems or issues impacting the M Bureau and/or USAID programs, such as those associated with marketing IT products and services to segmented agency programs.
- Lead or participate in the analysis of agency-wide projects and programs, such as directing the marketing analysis of agency-wide program needs and requirements.
- Evaluate and analyze agency-wide programs, functions, and organizations to determine whether the management systems in current use efficiently accomplish the objectives sought and whether they provide the controls necessary for sound management.
- Use complex analytical and evaluative techniques.
- Evaluate and interpret internal management studies results conducted by individual offices, overseas missions, or contractors to assess their validity, effectiveness, and possible application.
- Lead or participate in developing agency survey standards and instructions.
- Produce and/or present information and findings in a variety of formats (articles, papers, studies, briefings, and other media).
- Conduct program effectiveness or the improvement of complex program and management processes and systems encompassing difficult and diverse functions or issues that affect critical aspects of the major programs of the M Bureau and/or USAID.,
- Recommend and participate in developing strategies for implementing planning for a major office or program.
- Recommend short- and long-range as well as develop future goals of the organization, develop detailed plans for implementing them, and oversee implementation of the goals in subordinate organizations.
- Determine if adjustments or changes in objectives or emphasis are needed in organization functions.
- Implement organizational or process changes.
- Review and analyze past work histories and known future requirements and determine future organizational resource requirements, estimating short- and long-range personnel, budgetary, space, and equipment needs.
- Recommend staffing patterns based on workloads and fiscal limitations.
- Predict organization demands and recommend reallocation or augmentation of existing resources.
- Determine the need for written policies and procedures.
- Conduct complex or comprehensive evaluations of ongoing functions to ensure that the organization meets its stated goals and identify areas where operational efficiency can be enhanced.
- Review productivity in all areas, monitor problem areas, and oversee the implementation of solutions that will eliminate them.
- Recommend actions necessary to maintain or improve the quality and quantity of operational services that involve the introduction or refinement of automation, reorganization of operating sections and units, reassignment of personnel, development of proposals to increase the organization's resources or other actions.
- Direct the capture, reporting, and analysis of statistical data relating to the organization's operations and direct or personally perform special studies or projects.
- Prepare and contribute to reports and other presentations on program planning and evaluation.
- Design and conduct a wide variety of comprehensive studies and detailed analyses of complex functions and processes related to program planning and management.
- Identify and propose solutions to management problems that are of major importance to planning program direction.
- Research, analyze, and provide expert technical advice and assistance on complex program issues, such as issues or problems that impact substantive, mission-oriented programs.
- Provide recommendations that may pertain to complex conclusions from evaluative studies; interrelated issues concerned with cross-cutting or conflicting goals; and adherence to budget constraints as they relate to cost/benefit analysis.
- Provide recommendations that may impact long-range planning and implementation of program objectives.
- Serve as an expert consultant, advising top management on major mission or - organizational issues.
- Lead, conduct, or participate in complex management studies and reviews--particularly those with wide or significant effect upon or within the M Bureau and/or USAID's organizational structure, policy, processes, operations, fiscal control, and economy and those where the boundaries of the studies may be broad.
- Organize assigned projects; plan, organize, and direct team study work. (Select qualitative and/or quantitative methodologies for the subject under examination.)
- Identify and collect necessary data including legislative and program data and interviews with senior management, program officials, employees, and supervisors; assemble and assess the information gathered; formulate findings, conclusions, and recommendations; present results in written and/or oral form, which are well- organized, supportable, and clearly expressed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- BA or BS degree required
- 10+ years of professional work experience
- Top Secret clearance required
How you'll grow
- In-depth knowledge of organization policy, and knowledge of periodic review procedures of the way subordinate units support the work of their serviced organizations and the review procedures involved with taking (or recommending) action on the services programs of subordinate units.
- Ability to write clear and comprehensive policies, procedures, reports, directives, and correspondence; the ability to conduct fact-finding concerning a variety of subjects and to develop analytical and effective recommendations; and the ability to plan, coordinate, and conduct special projects and program reviews.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated ability to perform excellent inter-personal communications with a diverse array of staff (USDH, PSCs, FSNs, Senior State Department employees (e.g., Deputy Assistant Secretaries, Office Directors, Management Counselors, Deputy Chiefs of Mission, Ambassadors), institutional contractors, etc., demonstrating the ability to clearly explain and support conclusions, recommendations, policies, and procedures to all levels of personnel.
- Ability to travel to CONUS and OCONUS 30% of the time.
At Chenega MIOS, our professional development plan focuses on helping our team members at every level of their careers to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. We believe there's always room to learn from entry-level employees to senior leaders.
We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their careers. Benefits
At Chenega MIOS, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our team members and offer them a broad range of benefits.
Learn more about what working at Chenega MIOS can mean for you. Chenega MIOS's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our team members to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and continuously look for new ways to maintain a culture where we excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Corporate citizenship
Chenega MIOS is led by a purpose to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to our relationships with our clients, team members, and communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.
Learn more about Chenega's impact on the world.
Chenega MIOS News- https://chenegamios.com/news/ Tips from your Talent Acquisition Team
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Chenega MIOS to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your research, we suggest you review the following links:
Chenega MIOS web site - www.chenegamios.com
Glassdoor - https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Chenega-MIOS-EI_IE369514.11,23.htm
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/1472684/
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/chenegamios/
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program