Job AnnouncementThis job opportunity is being re-announced. Applicants who previously applied for this job do not need to re-apply.
Assists/process bi-weekly payroll as needed for all county employees, including but not limited to; merit and non-merit employees, public safety, police and fire, executive compensation etc. Oversees the daily administration of the Information Management section of the Payroll Division. Serves as a personnel/payroll subject matter expert in records management and is responsible for the daily operation of this function. Manages several Payroll Division programs to include direct deposit administration, tax withholding changes, requests for employee records and information, and supervises two (2) employees assigned to the Information Management section of the Payroll Division. Assist in resolving employee receivables and works with departments to resolve. Note:
The salary offer will not exceed the mid-point of the salary range $92,432.50.Required Knowledge Skills and Abilities
(The knowledge, skills and abilities listed in this specification are representative of the class but are not an all-inclusive list.)
Employment StandardsMINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:Any combination of education, experience, and training equivalent to the following:
- Knowledge of human resources administration and management principles and practices as they apply to various functional areas;
- Knowledge of group/team dynamics;
- Knowledge of federal, state, and county laws, regulations, and ordinances pertaining to human resources programs and management.
- Skill in the use of computer hardware and software;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with applicants, employees, county officials and/or citizen groups;
- Ability to gather, analyze and present data;
- Ability to speak and write effectively;
- Ability to work as a team member.
(Click on the aforementioned link to learn how Fairfax County interprets equivalencies for "Any combination, experience, and training equivalent to") Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a bachelor's degree in personnel administration, public administration, or a related field plus two years of professional-level human resources experience.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Five years of experience directly related to payroll, Personnel Administration and Time Management duties and responsibilities;
- Extensive knowledge of federal, state and county rules and regulations related to DOL, DHS, SSA, IRS, County Personnel Regulations and PPAPPs;
- Experience with human resources information systems FOCUS (SAP), PEAQ, Laserfiche;
- Demonstrated experience working with an automated payroll and personnel processing system; or an Enterprise Resources Planning (ERP) application, such as SAP, PeopleSoft, Lawson, or Oracle;
- Proficient in Microsoft Word; and experience in data analysis using advanced Microsoft Excel functions such as v-lookup, pivot tables, charts, excel macros, etc.;
- Experience in working with data from multiple sources and in variety of formats: Excel, csv, databases, etc.;
- Attention to detail, problems solving skills and ability to simultaneously manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong customer service philosophy;
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and integrity;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with employees at varying levels of authority;
- Ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues
The appointee to this position will be required to complete a criminal background check to the satisfaction of the employer.
Duties are generally sedentary, performed in a normal office environment. Duties may require the ability to lift moderately heavy items, such as boxes of. Paper, and bending, stooping, filing. All duties may be performed with or without reasonable accommodations.
Panel interview and may include exercise.
The population of Fairfax County is very diverse where 39.8% of residents speak a language other than English at home (Spanish, Asian/Pacific Islander, Indo-European, and others
) and we encourage candidates bilingual in English and a foreign language to apply to this opportunity.
Fairfax County Government prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics, political affiliation, or military status in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of its workforce.
Reasonable accommodations are available to persons with disabilities during application and/or interview processes per the Americans with Disabilities Act. Contact 703-324-4900 for assistance. TTY 703-222-7314. DHREmployment@fairfaxcounty.gov