Westat is an employee-owned corporation providing research services to agencies of the U.S. Government, as well as businesses, foundations, and state and local governments. Westat's research, technical, and administrative staff of more than 2,000 is located at our headquarters in Rockville, Maryland, near Washington, DC.
Westat is committed to building a diverse workforce and a culture of inclusivity, belonging and equity for all. We believe that our greatest strength draws on the different backgrounds, cultures, perspectives and experiences of our employees.
Westat is seeking a Project Coordinator to join our Education Studies Practice to support a large special education technical assistance center. You will work directly with the center's Project Manager and other members of the management team to support day-to-day center activities.
This is a full-time position to work onsite at our Rockville, Maryland office at least 2 days/week and 3 days from your home office.
• Coordinate project schedules and serve as a liaison between project staff and other Westat departments (e.g., contracts, graphics, document production services)
• Develop and implement tools and processes to track quality assurance activities.
• Provide technical support to project staff on the functionality of the technical assistance tracking database and use it to generate summaries for client reports.
• Organize and schedule project meetings.
• Typically requires a bachelor's degree in education, a training related field or business and 5 years of related experience.
• Experience with project coordination and project management software.
• Experience coordinating and facilitating hybrid, virtual, in-person meetings and events.
• Proficiency with Box, Microsoft Teams, and Zoom.
• Previous experience in the education sector and a basic understanding of commonly used terms in education, especially special education.
Other Required Qualifications
• Demonstrated communication skills
• Collaboration with teams, managers and/or clients
• Organization skills, including time management ability
• Detail oriented
Westat offers a well-rounded and comprehensive benefits program focused on wellness and work/life balance. Subject to plan requirements, employees may participate in:
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Parental Leave
- Vacation Leave (15 days per year)
- Sick Leave (10 days per year)
- Holiday Leave (7 government holidays and 2 floating holidays)
- Professional Development
- Health Advocate
- Employee Assistance Program
- Travel Accident Insurance
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
Westat is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, gender identity or expression, or any other protected status under applicable law.#LI-WST1