US Citizenship:Required Summary The MIL Corporation
seeks an experienced Human Resources Team Lead
to support our DoD Offices, located in Lexington Park, Maryland. The Team Lead will be the primary customer-facing partner between HR and our Southern Maryland employees. S/He will support and lead management with sound guidance regarding HR policy and process as well as employee management, engagement, development, and retention.
This position will be hybrid, requiring two days a week in our Lexington Park offices along with occasional on-site attendance for events and meetings as necessary. Responsibilities
This position is the lead HR resource for the Lexington Park offices, leading a team of 2-3 HR employees responsible for delivering exceptional HR and Administrative support. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Partner with department management to align human resources strategy with department objectives specifically focusing on engagement and retention
- Serve as a trusted advisor and build a valued relationships with teams from employees to leadership
- Spearhead and advise management in employee relation issues, performance management/improvement and corrective action
- Lead employee relations investigations
- Analyze trends including turnover, culture survey results, and complaints
- Help management identify training needs, integrate effective HR processes, programs and practices into daily operations
- Provide consultation and guidance to management in the interpretation of human resource policies, procedures, programs and applications related to new regulations and laws
- Ensure business practices are in accordance with human resource policies and employment laws
- Lead/manage special projects
- Bachelor's degree with 3 to 5 years of Human Resources experience
- 3-5 years of experience in Federal Government contracting
- Knowledge of DCAA requirements, FLSA, SCA, DOL, and other federal/state employment laws
- Ability to travel to the local VA/MD/DC market as needed
- Ability to prioritize workload and balance conflicting demands
- Work successfully in a collaborative team environment
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional customer service
- PHR or SPHR certification
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification
- Experience with Deltek CostPoint, Deltek T&E, ADP WorkforceNow and Taleo
The MIL Corporation values your contributions and offers a range of benefits to support your overall well-being. We are pleased to offer a comprehensive range of benefits to our full-time employees which includes health, life, disability, and retirement plans, as well as paid time off, opportunities for professional growth and tuition assistance. Additional benefits and incentives may also apply, which will be communicated during the hiring process.
Salary at MIL is determined based on factors such as qualifications, experience, and contractual limitations. For this position, the projected compensation range is $65,000 - $98,000 per year. This estimate represents the typical salary range and is just one part of MIL's complete compensation package. Why MIL?
The MIL Corporation (MIL) is a dynamic workforce of industry professionals who deliver world-class solutions in cyber, engineering, financial management, and information technology - and we are looking for candidates like you! Whether you're fresh out of college, the military, or well into your professional services career, MIL has great job opportunities that might be a great fit.
Here at MIL, we pride ourselves on the family-like environment instilled amongst our team. Our employees love working here and it truly shows through our various recognitions & awards. Some of our most recent awards include:
- 2021-2022, Top Workplaces USA award (Energage)
- 2017-2022 Top Workplaces Award, Greater Washington Area (The Washington Post)
- 2018-2022 Certified Great Workplace, Great Place to Work®
- 2021 & 2022, Best Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Services™
- 2021 Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials™
- 2018 Fortune, Great Place to Work: Best Place to Work for Diversity
- 2020- 2022, 2017, Top Workplace Award, South Carolina (Greenville Business Magazine, Columbia Business Monthly, and Charleston Business Magazine)
- 2022 Freedom Award, Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR), Department of Defense
- 2018, Above & Beyond Award, Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR), Department of Defense
If your goal is to help the federal government deploy leading technologies, improve financial management, or defend the nation in cyberspace, MIL welcomes you. Become a part of something greater, where you, the people, make the difference. The MIL Corporation is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.