The Division of Safety and Facilities aims to provide a safe and secure campus environment for all members of the university community through best-in-class technological and physical infrastructure, proactive assessment and analysis, and a caring team of professionals dedicated to upholding the university’s values with the highest level of care.
Facilities, Planning, Construction, and Management (FPCM), a department in GW’s Division of Safety and Facilities manages and maintains GW’s property and grounds on all three of GW’s campuses. Our maintenance team includes electricians, carpenters, painters, HVAC technicians, locksmiths, and plumbers. Reporting to the Zone Manager, the Facilities Zone Lead supports facilities maintenance operations as a leader of the maintenance team at GW’s Foggy Bottom Campus.
FPCM is seeking an experienced tradesperson to take on the role of a Facilities Zone Lead. The Facilities Zone Lead will assist the facilities Zone Manager with day-to-day operations for their respective zone at the same time as being a working lead. The Facilities Zone Lead will be well trained, highly organized and a professional who takes pride in their work and can perform various customer service duties as required throughout the day. The Facilities Zone Lead is responsible for proper operation of all systems and equipment. The Facilities Zone Lead position oversees maintenance programs including required repairs, renovations, and preventative maintenance so that the primary university mission may be maintained.
- Supports facilities zone leadership by facilitating the day-to-day work activity for zone staff. Plans, assigns, reviews, oversees and inspects the work of others, schedules facilities and staff, and coordinates work with other trades.
- In the absence of the zone manager, acts in a managerial capacity to ensure effective zone operations.
- Administer the preventative maintenance program to provide maximum life to facilities in accordance with industry standards.
- Coordinates and facilitates walkthrough inspections and due diligence investigations.
- Provides regular verbal/written reports to the Zone Manger.
- Ability to oversee and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments, as well as, ability to perform complex tasks and to prioritize multiple projects.
- Comprehensive knowledge of trade tools and of occupational hazards, safety precautions, local codes, and regulations pertaining to a trade or trades.
- Knowledge and understanding of FPCM goals and objectives, policies and procedures, as well as, ability to work and communicate effectively in a multi-ethnic/multi-cultural environment with students, faculty, and staff.
- Coordinates with third party vendors to schedule work and ensures that all relevant work authorization documentation is completed and approved by the appropriate parties.
- Supervises work assignments for third party vendors to ensure service delivery is in compliance with contract or work order scope of services.
- Orders or directs the ordering of materials and equipment.
- Schedules and issues work orders and performs inspections for quality control.
- Advises administrators on possible alternatives to proposed projects and equipment purchases.
- Provides instructions and assistance in the solution of work related problems and in the performance of specific tasks.
- Implements and enforces safety procedures and standards for staff.
- Typical work schedule is Monday through Friday; 7am to 4pm. However, the desired candidate must be flexible to work on-call shifts and weekend/holiday shifts as needed.
Performs other work-related duties as requested. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the lead from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
If interested, please apply at: https://www.gwu.jobs/postings/105620
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Successful Completion of a Background Screening will be required as a condition of hire.