Are you customer service oriented and organized? Do you enjoy managing a wide range of administrative tasks? Do you like working in a diverse environment? If so, Carlos Rosario International Public Charter School (CRIPCS) has the perfect opportunity for you.
Carlos Rosario International Public Charter School (CRIPCS) is an adult charter school that delivers high-quality education, career training, and supportive services that enable adult immigrants to realize their dreams while strengthening our community and economy. When you join the team at CRIPCS you become part of a unique, performance-driven organization where students are the center of our work and excellence permeates.
We are seeking an Office Assistant who will provide administrative support duties assigned to include answering telephones, routing calls, taking messages, greeting visitors, handling correspondence and assisting with intake. In general, the Office Assistant works to keep the school running efficiently by keeping everything organized and handling tasks in a time-sensitive manner. Since the Office Assistant deals extensively with the public, he or she must be diplomatic, courteous, and helpful. The Office Assistant puts visitors at ease and/or deals with complaints with a smile. It is imperative that the Office Assistant maintains strict confidentiality.
• Provide excellent support and service to all visitors, including managing incoming phone inquiries, directing calls, and offering comprehensive registration information both in person and over the phone
• Assist in the preparation of requisitions for supplies and place order
• Confirms received orders and or assists with follow-up calls on purchase orders, invoices, etc.
• Produces, copies, prepares and distributes a variety of documents in support of academic staff and instruction
• Support graduation student activities, as assigned
• Take daily attendance
• Respond to changing situations in a flexible manner to meet current needs, such as re-prioritizing work as necessary
• Respond to routine and administrative inquires
• Other duties as assigned
• High school diploma or equivalent and 1 year of experience in an administrative capacity or appropriate combination of education and experience
• Effective English communication skills.
• Demonstrates ability to work as a team player and to function effectively under pressure.
• Knowledge and experience using Windows, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Outlook
• Knowledge of office practices, procedures, and techniques; spelling, vocabulary, math, and grammar skills appropriate to the level of the position
• Strong customer service in a diverse environment
• Ability to fluently speak a foreign language is preferred (Spanish/Amharic)
• Ability to interact with populations of diverse cultural, social, and economic backgrounds.
• Must be able to provide proof of completed Covid-19 vaccination
• Commitment to CRIPCS's core values and ability to model those values in relationships with colleagues and partners
Ranges from $20.81 to $25.00 per hour
Apply directly at Carlos Rosario International Public Charter School’s career page at https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=33b607f4-564d-4335-b098-98dd2b218da4&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=460362&source=CC2&lang=en_US. This position will be posted until filled.