Responsibilities & QualificationsRESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform sustainment on Windows Server and SQL Server platforms.
- Responsible for maintaining hardened server operating systems by following direction from DISA and USCYBERCOM.
- Responsible for providing support to the customer for issues relating to the Host Based Security System (HBSS) suite of products including Endpoint Security, Data Loss Prevention, Policy Auditor, Rogue System Detection, and others.
- Responsible for creating and editing technical documentation including guidance documents and standard operating procedures.
- Responsible for performing security and risk assessments of new technologies, objectively providing guidance and recommendations from an Information Security best practice/regulatory standpoint.
- Responsible for creating and modifying global security policies across the agency.
- Familiar with DoD regulations including TASKORDs, OPORDs, STIGs, etc.
- Perform audit reviews of guidelines mandated from DISA and USCYBERCOM.
- Participate in the evaluation and recommendation of Global information security initiatives (e.g., Intrusion Prevention Systems, antimalware systems, etc.).
- Participate in Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT) incidents.
- Participate in forensic investigations, providing guidance, and assistance, as necessary.
- Provide after hours and on-call support as required
- Knowledge of and experience with implementation of security technologies and architecture, including network security, firewall configuration, intrusion detection, data loss prevention and application security.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement information security policies, procedures, standards, and practices.
- Strong written and verbal communication with solid presentation skills are a must.
- Knowledge of security & risk frameworks, standards, and best practices.
- Experience in vulnerability management, including testing, scanning, and patching.
- Experience conducting and mitigating security/risk assessments.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills, and the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Ability to work efficiently and independently with minimal supervision (i.e. self-motivated and willing to stretch to meet important deadlines).
- Ability to work successfully in a cross-functional team environment.
- Technical writing skills
- Seven (7) years of relevant IT experience
- Required to possess a DOD SECRET Clearance, and be eligible for an IT-II upon assignment.
- Relevant certification meeting DOD 8570.01 IAT level II (One of the Following):
- CySA+ **
- Security+ CE
- Relevant certification meeting DOD 8570.01 CNDSP-IS (One of the Following):
- Computing Environment Certification:
- HBSS Administrator
- HBSS Advanced
We are seeking a Cybersecurity Engineer to join our team supporting Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) in Columbus, OH. The candidate will be responsible for enterprise-wide oversight and coordination of the information technology security efforts. This position is chartered with reducing risks and limiting exposure to liability and risk with regard to endpoint systems. This position requires a server administration background, policy, and process knowledge as well as skills and expertise with a variety of technologies
TekSynap is a fast growing high-tech company that understands both the pace of technology today and the need to have a comprehensive well planned information management environment. "Technology moving at the speed of thought" embodies these principles - the need to nimbly utilize the best that information technology offers to meet the business needs of our Federal Government customers.
We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans, vacation time and holidays.
Visit us at www.TekSynap.com .
Apply now to explore jobs with us!
The safety and health of our employees is of the utmost importance. Employees are required to comply with any contractually mandated Federal COVID-19 requirements.
By applying to a role at TekSynap you are providing consent to receive text messages regarding your interview and employment status. If at any time you would like to opt out of text messaging, respond "STOP".Additional Job Information COMPETENCIES
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Establish Focus
- Change Management
- Develop Others
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Interpersonal Awareness
- Build Relationships
- Analytical Thinking
- Conceptual Thinking
- Strategic Thinking
- Technical Expertise
- Foster Innovation
- Results Oriented
- Customer Service
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Location: Columbus, OH
- Type of environment: Office (varies)
- Noise level: Low
- Work schedule: Schedule is day shift Monday - Friday. May be requested to work evenings and weekends to meet program and contract needs.
- Amount of Travel: Less than 10%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, feel, touch; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds; and up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE
Clearance required OTHER DUTIES
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. TekSynap does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, national origin, disability, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status"). This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions such as promotions, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
TekSynap is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.