RequirementsConditions of Employment
- As a participant in the Recent Graduates Program, you will receive both formal and on-the-job training to develop the required knowledge and skill to successfully perform the duties of the position.
- Those duties include, but not limited to:
- Executing software planning, requirements, risk management, design, development, architecture, modeling, estimation, configuration management, quality, security, and tests.
- Using software development methodologies, architectural structures, viewpoints, styles, design decisions, and frameworks across all lifecycle phases.
- Making critical analyses and evaluations of the ramifications, advisability, and impact of large engineering projects.
- Serving in the development of integrated DoD-wide transition strategies, plans, and action plans to ensure that key programs are evolving within the framework of agreed upon DOD information architectures.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- This national security position, which may require access to classified information, requires a favorable suitability review and security clearance as a condition of employment. Failure to maintain security eligibility may result in termination.
- Current Federal Career/Career-Conditional employee, will be placed on an Excepted appointment.
- Drug testing may be required.
- Shift work may be required.
- Recall/On Call 24/7 may be required.
- Position may be designated as Mission Essential and incumbent may be required to report to work or relocate to a new duty location, within the United States, in times of local/national emergency.
- Rotating shifts may be required.
- Information Assurance (IA) Certification may be required.
- The position may require the selectee to hold a current DoD Top Secret security clearance based upon a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI).
- Prospective candidates may have to meet criteria for Presidential Support Duty in accordance with DoD Directive 5210.5 (PSD Category II, minimum).
- Security Clearance level may be Secret, Top Secret or Yankee White.
- This position may require an OGE 450, Confidential Financial Disclosure Report required within 30 days of appointment pursuant to 5 CFR 2634.903(b) (DoD 5500.7).
- Salary to be determined after selection.
In order to qualify for this position, you must meet the requirements described below.Basic Requirement:
This position has a positive education requirement. Applicants must meet the basic educations requirements in order to be found minimally qualified for the position.For the GS-854 and GS-855 Professional Engineering Series:
professional engineering. To be acceptable, the curriculum must: (1) be in a school of engineering with at least one curriculum accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) as a professional engineering curriculum; or (2) include differential and integral calculus and courses (more advanced than first-year physics and chemistry) in five of the following seven areas of engineering science or physics: (a) statics, dynamics; (b) strength of materials (stress-strain relationships); (c) fluid mechanics, hydraulics; (d) thermodynamics; (e) electrical fields and circuits; (f) nature and properties of materials (relating particle and aggregate structure to properties); and (g) any other comparable area of fundamental engineering science or physics, such as optics, heat transfer, soil mechanics, or electronics.
Combination of education and experience -- college-level education, training, and/or technical experience that furnished (1) a thorough knowledge of the physical and mathematical sciences underlying professional engineering, and (2) a good understanding, both theoretical and practical, of the engineering sciences and techniques and their applications to one of the branches of engineering. The adequacy of such background must be demonstrated by one of the following:
Specified academic courses
Related curriculum - With this criteria, applicants also need verification of employment from a supervisor stating you have performed professional engineering duties.For more detailed information on the above criteria, please go to http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/0800/all-professional-engineering-positions-0800/For the GS-1550 Computer Science Series:
Bachelor's degree in computer science or bachelor's degree with 30 semester hours in a combination of mathematics, statistics, and computer science. At least 15 of the 30 semester hours must have included any combination of statistics and mathematics that included differential and integral calculus. All academic degrees and course work must be from accredited or pre-accredited institutions. http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/1500/computer-science-series-1550/ ).Qualifying Experience:
For the GS-07, your resume must describe at least one year of experience that demonstrates the competencies necessary for immediate success in the position. Experience refers to any paid or unpaid experience, including volunteer work and Military service, that would be considered equivalent to work normally performed at the next lower grade level in the federal service.For the GG-07 position, qualifying experience is defined as experience assisting with developing, creating, maintaining, or writing/coding new (or modifies existing) computer applications, software, or specialized utility programs.
To qualify at the GG-09, your resume must describe at least one year of experience that demonstrates the competencies necessary for immediate success in the position. Experience refers to any paid or unpaid experience, including volunteer work and Military service, that would be considered equivalent to work normally performed at the next lower grade level in the federal service.For the GG-09 position, qualifying experience is defined as experience developing, creating, maintaining, or writing/coding new (or modifies existing) computer applications, software, or specialized utility programs.
Candidates must describe how they meet the qualifying experience and/or selective placement factor(s) within the body of their resume.
All qualifications must be met within 90 days after submitting application. EducationSUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR EXPERIENCE AT THE GG-07 LEVEL: Bachelor's degree with Superior Academic Achievement or 1 academic year of graduate education (or law school, as specified in qualification standards or individual occupational requirements). Superior Academic Achievement: S.A.A. is based on (1) class standing, (2) grade-point average, or (3) honor society membership.
SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR EXPERIENCE AT THE GG-09 LEVEL: Two full years of progressively higher level graduate education, or Master's or equivalent graduate degree such as LL.B. or J.D., may be substituted to meet the experience requirement.
If you are using education to qualify for this position you will need to submit your unofficial/official transcripts with your application. Failure to provide transcripts, or a determination that you do not possess the education requirement, will result in objection to your qualifications, and removal from consideration in accordance with competitive examining procedures.
Qualifying Education Institution: Any of the following educational institutions or curricula that have been accredited by an accrediting body recognized by the Secretary of the U.S. Department of Education http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/
Foreign Education: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services at the time of application. National Association of Credential Evaluation Services .
STUDENTS MAY APPLY IF THEY ARE WITHIN 90 DAYS OF GRADUATING FROM THE DATE OF APPLICATION.
APPLICANTS MUST PROVIDE PROOF OF DEGREE CONFERRAL PRIOR TO APPOINTMENTAdditional information
- A three trial period may be required if you have not previously completed a trial or probationary period in the excepted or competitive service.
- Management has the prerogative to select at either grade level.
- Candidates selected through this announcement may be offered non-competitive promotion opportunities to target positions in the full performance work level of the Cyber Excepted Service. However, promotion is not guaranteed, and no promise of a promotion is implied.
- Selectee of this recruitment will be required to sign a Recent Graduate Program Participant Agreement.
- Telework availability will be based upon the mission requirements and supervisory determination.
- We may use this announcement to fill additional vacancies within 90 days of the closing date.
- Moving costs MAY be paid.
- Recruitment, relocation, or retention incentives MAY be authorized.
- This may be an Information Security (INFOSEC) position. In accordance with DoD 8570.1-M Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program, selectee must meet Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program, selected must meet Information Assurance Certification standards. Selectee must have an approved waiver prior to placement in this position or achieve the appropriate IA certification within six months of assignment of IA duties. IA level to be determined after selection (if applicable).
- The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 makes certain reimbursements/payments taxable. For information on these changes and the Relocation Income Tax Allowance (RITA), for which some appointees are eligible, click here .
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (to verify your registration status click here ).
- The Department of Defense (DoD) policy on employment of annuitants issued March 18, 2004 will be used in determining eligibility of annuitants.
- Because this position is in the Cyber Excepted Service, Veterans' Preference will be applied to preference eligible candidates, as defined by Section 2108 of the Title 5 U.S.C. in accordance with the procedures provided in DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 3005, "CES Employment and Placement." If you are a veteran claiming veteran's preference, as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 U.S.C., you must submit documents verifying your eligibility with your application package.
- For more information on Cyber Excepted Service Personnel System, click here .
- For more information on veterans' preference, click here .
- For more information regarding qualifications requirements, click here .
- You may submit a cover letter which will be forwarded to the selecting official with your resume. Your cover letter will not be used to verify your qualifications or eligibility.
- If you are unable to apply online, view the following link for information regarding Alternate Application.