DutiesThis is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the DC Army National Guard.MILITARY REQUIREMENTS:
You must meet the minimum military rank as specified in this announcement. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact a DC Army National Guard recruiter prior to applying for this position. Applicants applying to this position who exceed the maximum military grade listed on this job announcement MUST
submit a statement in writing that they are willing to take an administrative reduction in grade to the advertised military grade on the job announcement for which applying. Applicants who exceed the military grade will NOT
be placed into the technician position until they have been administratively reduced to the military grade on the job announcement. Please note that exceeding the maximum rank does not automatically qualify you for consideration. Compatible military grade and assignment required prior to the effective date of placement
The National Guard's full-time support program requires that all military technicians are members of the National Guard and are appointed to full-time positions which correspond to their military assignments. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership.Minimum Military Rank
: E-6, O1, W1 Maximum Military Rank
: E8, O3, W3Other requirements:
For positions requiring the operation of motor vehicles, candidates must have a valid state driver's license for the state in which they live or are principally employed. For positions requiring a security clearance (Secret or Top Secret) the applicant must possess or be able to obtain a clearance within One (1) year of appointment.
This position serves as the chief of an information management division/branch. The organization provides support for the assigned portion of the command, control, communications and computers (C4) program.
RequirementsConditions of Employment
- Plans, organizes, and directs the activities of the organization, ensuring that the advice and assistance provided complies with legal and regulatory requirements and meets customer needs. Develops goals and objectives that integrate division/branch and overall C4 program objectives
- Reviews organization mission, functions, and manning. Identifies requirements and initiates requests for additional resources including personnel, overtime, equipment, supplies, and space to ensure success in meeting goals and objectives. Provides advice to supervisor on significant issues and problems related to work accomplishment.
- Exercises supervisory personnel management responsibilities. Advises and provides counsel to employees regarding policies, procedures, and directives of management. Selects or recommends selection of candidates for vacancies, promotions, details, and reassignments in consideration of skills and qualifications, mission requirements, and EEO and diversity objectives.
- Encourages self-development. Approves master leave schedule assuring adequate coverage for peak workloads and traditional holiday vacation time. Demonstrates sensitivity to ideas of subordinates. Promotes an environment in which employees are empowered to participate in and contribute to effective mission accomplishment.
- Meets with key customer and coordinating officials to assess customer satisfaction, explain organization policy and procedures, and resolve problems that arise. Provides or ensures that subordinates provide customer guidance and training. Participates in special projects and initiatives and performs special assignments. Identifies the need for special projects and initiates milestones and goals.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QualificationsPermanent Change of Station (PCS)
- National Guard Membership is required.
- Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform.
- Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered for Selective Service
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
- Permanent Change of Station (PCS): PCS not authorized
- 3R Incentive MAY be authorized (recruitment and relocation)
- Superior Qualifications or Special Needs Pay Setting Must be requested through the selecting official and must be coordinated prior to acceptance of official offer.
- Irregular and/or overtime (compensatory) hours may be required to support operational requirements or contingencies or may be required to work hours outside of the normal duty day.
- THIS POSITION CONDUCTS INFORMATION ASSURANCE FUNCTIONS. THE INCUMBENT SHALL COMPLY WITH THE REQUIREMENTS OF THE CERTIFICATION PROGRAM AND WILL BE REQUIRED TO OBTAIN AND MAINTAIN CERTIFICATION.
- This position is Open Until Filled. Applications will be pulled every 30 days until position is filled
: PCS not authorized Relocation Incentive:
Incentive may be authorized Selected Reserve Incentive Program:
Acceptance of this position will cause termination of Federal bonuses pursuant to respective Selected Reserve Incentive Programs (SRIP). This termination may be with or without recoupment of payments already made.NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED:
This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military rank and assignment in the District of Columbia Army National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS MUST BE REPRESENTED BY THE CONTENTS OF YOUR RESUME.
To ensure full credit is given for the qualification requirements listed below please use the USAJobs resume builder.
IF YOU USE YOUR OWN RESUME PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOU INCLUDE THE BEGINNING AND ENDING DATES (MONTH AND YEAR) FOR ALL JOBS LISTED IN YOUR RESUME. GENERAL EXPERIENCE:
Experience, education or training that has provided a basic knowledge of data processing functions and general management principles that enabled the applicant to understand the stages required to automate a work process. Experience may have been gained in work such as computer operator or assistant, computer sales representative, program analyst, or other positions that required the use or adaptation of computer programs and systems.SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE:
Must have at least 36 months experience, education, or training that approaches techniques and requirements appropriate to an assigned computer applications area or computer specialty area in an organization. Experience that required adaptations of guidelines or precedents to meet the needs of the assignment. Experience in managing the function of the work to be performed. Experience which includes leading, directing and assigning work of personnel. Education
At the GS-11 level, a Ph.D. or equivalent, or 3 years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree.
Undergraduate or Graduate Education: Degree in computer science, engineering, information science, information systems management, mathematics, operations research, statistics, or technology management or degree that provided a minimum of 24 semester hours in one or more of the fields identified above and required the development or adaptation of applications, systems or networks Additional information
If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency ( https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfRegistration.aspx ).
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application .