As the Program Manager, you will serve as a program manager and technical project expert/consultant responsible for supporting the acquisition and managing the implementation of a new Human Capital Management (HCM) Solution for DHS. You will be responsible for performing the following duties:
- Work on matrix teams for projects crossing the Department.
- Define and structure projects within the HCM program.
- Coordinate with the DHS Shared Service Provider (SSP) to manage and track tasks.
- Leads DHS activities related to shared services acquisition.
- Manage concurrent projects and able to respond well to high velocity projects.
- Serves as a liaison between the business and technical aspects of assigned projects.
- Maintains an appropriate level of documentation to allow for regular executive updates. Communicates strategies or complex technical requirements to technical and non-technical personnel, and prepares and presents briefings to senior management on complex and controversial issues.
- Manages projects using agile or Waterfall methodology techniques, depending on the needs of the teams and SSP.RequirementsConditions of Employment
QualificationsQualifications required: Minimum 5-10 years Program and Project management experience, with in depth knowledge of waterfall and agile techniques. Minimum of 5 years' experience with Human Resource systems, with a focus on position management, PAR processing and time & attendance. Minimum of 5 years' experience with federal acquisition process and evaluation criteria Written and oral communication experience at executive and team levels Ability to work effectively in a matrix team environment. Ability to think and work strategically with long- and short-term processes in mind. Ability to manage diverse teams and competing priorities. Ability to negotiate with competing interests to identify overall requirements. Strong critical thinking skills Please read the following important information to ensure we have everything we need to consider your application:
- Must be a current permanent Federal employee
- Must have supervisory approval to apply to the Joint Duty Assignment. DHS 250-2 Application Form under "required documents" section.
- Must NOT have any pending/outstanding disciplinary actions
- Must have achieved a minimum of "meet expectations/proficiency" on latest performance appraisal/evaluation
- Must be currently at the grade level of the detail. *No Temporary Promotion Opportunity*
- The program does not apply to members of the Military service or contractors.
It is your responsibility to ensure that you submit appropriate documentation prior to the closing date. Your resume serves as the basis for qualification determinations and must highlight your most relevant and significant experience as it relates to this Joint Duty assignment opportunity announcement.
Be clear and specific when describing your work history since human resources cannot make assumptions regarding your experience. Your application will be rated based on your resume.Please ensure EACH work history includes ALL of the following information: Job Title (Include series and grade of Federal Job) Duties (Be specific in describing your duties) Name of Federal agency Supervisor name, email, and phone number Start and end dates including month and year (e.g. June 2007 to April 2008) EducationEDUCATIONAL SUBSTITUTION:
There is no educational substitution for this position. Additional information**DHS does not offer any additional benefits beyond that which the Federal employee is already receiving.
If the position requires a security clearance, employees must have a SECRET or TOP SECRET clearance to placement AND must maintain that level of clearance while performing in the position.
Selected applicants for a JDA are requested to fulfill the items below during the JDA: Complete the DHS Training Course 15 days prior to the arrival to the JDA. Complete the DHS Joint Duty Assignment Progress Plan to include:
- Phase 1: Establish assignment objectives within the first 30 days of the JDA.
- Phase 2: Complete a self-assessment of the duties performed at the mid-point of the JDA.
- Phase 3: Complete a final review within the last 30 days of the JDA.