RequirementsConditions of Employment
- Sets tables, arranges place settings and table decorations. Receives guests, makes suggestions and answers questions about food, wines and other items available.
- Takes orders. Places order with and receives food and beverages from kitchen and bar when required.
- Maintains sales record. Collects cash or payment by credit card.
- Clears and cleans tables and other customer service areas.
- May provide work direction to other dining room staff as necessary.
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required.
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position.
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check.
- Subject to satisfactory completion of all pre-employment checks in accordance with AR 215-3, para.2.
- Incumbent may also be required to complete a Tier 1 background investigation for a Common Access Card for physical access to federally-controlled facilities.
- Satisfactory completion of a minimum of 4 hours initial food sanitation and safety training within 30 days of employment and a minimum of 4 hours annual refresher training.
- Must meet state/local age requirements at the time of appointment if serving alcoholic beverages.
- Stands and walks for long periods, continually lifts and carries items weighing less than 10 pounds to up to 40 pounds. There is a danger of slipping on wet floors, exposed to cuts.
- Must be able to lift up to 40lbs.
1. Where duties involve selling alcoholic beverages applicant must meet state/local age requirements for the serving of alcoholic beverage at the time of appointment.
2. Possess basic math skills necessary to compute patron bills and make change.
3. Be able to communicate effectively in English.
4. Have work experience performing the duties identified. Education
This job does not have an education qualification requirement. Additional information Area of Consideration:
- The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is Local (50 Mile Commuting Radius). (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)
Allowances, Incentives, and PCS Costs:
- If you are unable to apply online, you may submit your application package using a manual application method. Please contact the NAF Human Resources Office or representative listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form. All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 3:00 PM EST by 09/29/2023 in order to process your application in a timely manner. Please note that neglecting to respond to the job related questions may result in an ineligible rating.
Please check out our Applicant Information Kit:
- Allowances, differentials, or incentives will not be paid.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs are not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- It contains additional information applicants may find useful when applying for our jobs. (To view the kit, click or copy and paste this URL: https://publicfileshare.chra.army.mil/Applicants/NAF%20Applicant%20Information%20Kit.pdf ).
- Information may be requested regarding the vaccination status of selectees for the purposes of implementing workplace safety protocols. For more information, visit https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/faq/vaccinations/
- Additional referrals may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Applications are valid for 90 days after submission date. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as additional vacancies occur.