DutiesTHIS IS A T5 EXCEPTED SERVICE, PERMANENT POSITION
The primary purpose of the CONTRACT SPECIALIST (ACCELERATED HIRE), GS-1102-12, is to ensure successful market research, acquisition planning, contract award, contract performance management, and interpretation of contract law in order to provide the best, most efficient contracting strategies in support of the organization's vision, mission, goals, and objectives.
- Performs acquisition planning to develop market research, acquisition strategy, milestones, evaluation/source selection criteria, and/or incentive or award fee provisions. Analyzes a variety of unusual conditions, questions, or issues including complex contract administration problems, e.g., disputes, labor violations, and claims, and identifies alternative courses of action which may depart from previous approaches. Analyzes difficult/controversial contracting issues, determines, recommends and/or implements course of action which may depart from previous approaches for long-term contract performance or short-term contracts with extremely stringent time frames.
- Determines appropriate method of procurement, contract type, and financing arrangements to fit special circumstances. Documents selection decision and justifies basis for award. Reviews procurement requests to determine whether, based on market analysis, the requirement can be performed by and should be set aside for small businesses; actively solicits Small Business, Small Disadvantaged Business, Women-Owned Small Business, HUB Zone Small Business, and Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business participation. Reviews and may sign justification for limiting competition procurements.
- Executes post-award contract performance management actions on assigned contracts. Receives and performs oversight of quotes/bids/proposals evaluations and determines the acceptability of offers based on an analysis of financial and technical information gained. Conducts site visits/pre-proposal/pre-bid conferences. Conducts any necessary conferences to discuss offers received; performs price or cost analysis; plans and conducts negotiations on price, technical requirements, and/or terms and conditions of the contract. Reviews completed official contract file to determine that all contractual actions are satisfied, there are no pending administrative actions to be resolved, all file documents are signed, there are no litigation actions pending, and the contract is complete in every respect and ready to be closed.
- Negotiates and prepares contract modifications caused by changes in technical requirements, in quantities, ordering unpriced options, and similar issues. Administrative change orders, and supporting documents for all contract actions including termination. Assists in providing interpretation/clarification to contractors and customers on contractual language, contractual and federal/state/local regulatory requirements, and business opportunities. Prepares correspondence, reports, memoranda or other documents and briefings (scheduled or ad hoc) that support contractual actions or recommendations.
The position resides within the infrastructure and support functions of the state National Guard; the incumbent is not subject to mobilization, nor is the work described part of the military mission; and the incumbent does not perform a key advisory or essential administrative role that is inherently military. In addition, the position must meet one of the following: It does not have a comparable military function; the position is required in full-time (civilian) role when the organization, or similar military position, is mobilized to perform continuing post-mobilization functions; or the position requires a skill or competency that necessitates technical expertise or professional qualifications that cannot be readily found in the military structure of the state military force.
May make additional selections within 90 days of eligible(s) issuance.RequirementsConditions of Employment Recruitment/Relocation
Recruitment/Relocation Incentive MAY BE authorized, subject to funding and approval.PCS
Relocation Costs MAY BE authorized subject to provisions of the Joint Travel Regulation, funding, and an agency determination that a Permanent Change of Station (PCS) move is in the Government's best interest.
Incumbent is required to submit a Financial Disclosure Statement, OGE-450, (5CFR Part 2634, Subpart I USOGE, 6/08). Executive Branch Personnel Confidential Financial Disclosure Report upon entering the position and annually, in accordance with DoD Directive 5500-7-R, Joint Ethics Regulation, dated 17-Nov-2011.Must be required to pass the Contracting Officer Review Board (CORB) and hold a 10 Million dollar warrant for Remote positions.
- Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
- U.S. citizenship is required.
- Federal employment suitability as determined by a background investigation.
- Must maintain proper security clearance.
- Contracting certifications issued by Federal (non-DoD) organizations such as the Federal Acquisition Certification in Contracting (FAC-C) and certifications issued by the Department of Homeland Security, or the Coast Guard are not reciprocal with the Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) certification.
- Applicants that qualify for the position based upon their contracting experience in the 1102 series as an employee in a non-DoD position will be given thirty-six months to achieve Level 1 DAWIA Foundational certification.
Security Clearance: at a minimum a National Agency Check is required prior to position assignment. QualificationsCONTRACT SPECIALIST (ACCELERATED HIRE), GS-1102-12:
Must have one year of contracting experience at the GS-11 level. Specialized experience must demonstrate the following: (1) Performing acquisition planning including market research and knowledge of a wide variety of contracting methods that satisfy mission needs and meet customer requirements, (2) Advising Contracting Officer Representatives and advising customers on procurement preparation and development of contractually acceptable specifications, work statements, and quality assurance criteria, (3) Reviewing procurement requests to assure clarity, adequacy, and completeness, and (4) Reviewing contract terms and technical specifications to identify any special requirements.MUST have obtained
Level 1 DAWIA Foundational Certification or equivalent Federal Acquisition Certification in Contracting (FAC-C). MUST upload certificate.
Failure to upload will result in automatic disqualification.
Your resume must have complete information: Please ensure your resume accurately reflects the duties and responsibilities under each position you have held with each employer. In describing your experience, please be clear and specific. It is your responsibility to make sure your resume states complete information for each job entry (beginning and ending dates of employment stated as MM/YYYY; and total hours worked per week). If your resume does not provide enough information regarding your work history for us to make a creditable qualification determination, your application package may be rendered disqualified and you will no longer be considered for this position.
Part-time or unpaid experience: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid work on the same basis as for paid experience. Part-time experience will be credited on the basis of time actually spent in appropriate activities. To receive credit for such experience you must indicate clearly the nature of the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the number of hours per week spent in such employment.
Qualifications must be met by the closing date: You must meet all qualification and eligibility requirements by 03/23/2024 EducationMust have a Bachelor's Degree
from an accredited educational institution authorized to grant baccalaureate degrees.When there is a positive education or certification requirement,
or you are using education to qualify as a substitution for experience, copies of transcripts (unofficial) and/or certificates are required at the time of application to verify that you meet the educational/certification requirement or substitution. Failure to provide transcripts and/or certificates at the time of application will result in automatic disqualification.Only attendance and/or degrees
from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education may be credited. Applicants can verify accreditation at the following website: www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html.Foreign Education:
If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html. Additional information
If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency ( https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfRegistration.aspx ).
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application .This is an Excepted Service position. Applicants who currently hold a Competitive Service status and is offered a position with the California National Guard, will lose their Competitive Service status to become Excepted Service.
Competitive Service applicants who are Career and have completed the three year service requirement permanent tenure (Block 24 reflects "1") are eligible for lifetime reinstatement rights. Competitive Service applicants who are Career Conditional and have not completed the three year service requirement (Block 24 reflects "2") are eligible for three year reinstatement rights.