RequirementsConditions of Employment Candidate must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement. A one-year probationary period will be required upon selection. Social Security Card must be presented at the time of appointment. If you are selected for this position, the documentation you present to complete the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS E-verify system. Federal Law requires verifying the eligibility of all new hires. The Navy Exchange Service Command is an E-Verify Participant. Incumbents of this position must be U.S. Citizens. Candidates/incumbents must be eligible for and obtain a Secret Clearance. Qualifications
- May act as Director as required and supervises support staff.
- Assists and trains lower-level contract personnel in the performance of their duties.
- Assigns, reviews, and approves work of subordinates; establishes and monitors subordinates' work objectives; evaluates subordinates' performance and counsels as required.
- Responsible for all procurement actions for Pre-Award, Award, and Post-Award from the cradle to the grave, including but not limited to Procurement planning; Source Selection; Large Contracts; Contracting by Negotiation; Cost and Price Analysis; Contract Administration; Terminations and Claims; Simplified Acquisition and Micro Purchase.
- Conducts special studies; develops and implements prototype solicitation packages for unique supplies and services requiring innovative, specialized, and nonstandard acquisition action such as third-party-funded construction efforts, ADP systems, real estate leases, and system-wide contracts; evaluate the effectiveness of new techniques.
- Serves as Contracting Officer with the signatory authority of $25M for Revenue Type Contracts and $10M for Expense Contracts.
- Keeps abreast of legal and regulatory changes and provides guidance on implementation and utilization of NEXCOM procurement policy and procedures to headquarters procurement personnel, technical management, District (DMs), and General Managers (GMs).
- Presents NEXCOM's position to the Contract Review Board and senior procurement personnel regarding solicitation requirements, proposal analysis, detailed cost, and price analysis for determination of fair and reasonable pricing; prepares breakdown and evaluation of merits of offers and makes recommendations for award.
- Resolves problems in procurements, solicitations, contract formats, schedules, negotiations, awards, modifications, and amendments.
- Cancels, negotiates changes and terminates contracts as applicable.
- Oversees functions of technical evaluation panels; staffs information and technical data, point score summaries, and individual panel number scores; makes final recommendations for awards and negotiates to secure the most favorable prices, terms, and conditions.
- Composes and develops contract language, technical evaluation factors and criteria, proposal abstracts, and clauses for services, products, leases, and licensing agreements.
Three years of progressive contracting experience (government or private sector), which provided the candidate to demonstrate the ability to execute a majority of the following: negotiate and award technical or complex purchase requirements; prepare and issue requests for proposals; conduct negotiations with offertory; independently prepare appropriate correspondence; knowledge of competitive range determinations; independently evaluate proposals and prepare contract action/contract review board memorandums; present case to award large purchases to contract review board; debrief unsuccessful offertory and/or independently prepare appropriate documentation to provide debriefing information to unsuccessful offerors. Education
A 4-year Baccalaureate degree in any field.
OR: At least 24 semester hours in business disciplines including accounting, law, business, finance, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management.
OR: Current associates in 1102 series positions on January 1, 2000, will be considered to have met the general requirements for this position. Additional informationBenefits 2023 Open Enrollment Video:
https://www.nafhealthplans.com/video-library .Retirement Video: