As an Applications Developer for CIA, you will analyze, develop and deploy innovative information/software systems and capabilities to enhance the CIA's capabilities to collect, produce, and disseminate intelligence. Utilizing your education and experience as a Computer Scientist, Software Engineer, or Web Designer and Publisher, you will directly support analysis, intelligence collection, and other business. Applications Developers participate in team environments via structured development lifecycles: analyze and define local and/or enterprise information system requirements, perform system/application design, develop capability prototypes, develop and implement operational information systems, and conduct unit and integration testing of application modules. You also have the opportunity for hands-on research and exploration of leading-edge commercial technologies through application/integration of technology in delivering IT solutions. RequirementsConditions of Employment
- You must be physically in the United States or one of its territories when you submit your resume via MyLINK.
- You must be registered for the Selective Service, if applicable.
- You must be a U.S. citizen and at least 18 years of age (dual-national US citizens are eligible).
- You must be willing to move to the Washington, DC area.
- You must successfully complete a thorough medical and psychological exam, a polygraph interview, and a comprehensive background investigation.
- For further information, please visit: https://www.cia.gov/careers/how-we-hire
- Experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Big data concepts and technologies, such as: Apache Hadoop, Apache Hive, Solr, Cloudera, MapReduce, R, Spark, Kafka, NiFi, and the ELK (ElasticSearch, Logstash, Kibana) stack
- DevOps concepts and tools, such as: GitHub, JIRA, Maven, Jenkins, Chef, Ansible, Docker, ELK stack, Nexus, Nagios
- Database platforms, such as: Oracle, MySQL, NoSQL, Mongo DB, HDFS
- Application architecture and systems engineering principles, including: n-tier/services-oriented architecture, application design patterns, Agile development with Scrum, Kanban, application security, developing system requirements, system design artifacts and models, design documentation and development using Amazon Web Services
- Familiarity with multiple hosting platforms, such as: Windows, Linux, VMware, Citrix, Amazon cloud computing platforms
- Ability to meet the minimum requirements for joining CIA , including U.S. citizenship and a background investigation
- Bachelor's degree in one of the following fields or related studies:
- Computer Science
- Computer Engineering
- Information Systems
- At least a 3.0 GPA on a 4-point scale