DutiesDuties include but not limited to the following:
VA Careers - Pharmacy
- Is knowledgeable on pharmacy production reports and how to interpret them for comparison to individual production.
- Receives and reviews pharmacy dispensing orders for accuracy of information, duplication, and authorization for dispensing in order to process.
- Prepackages medication in unit of use or unit dose packaging utilizing automatic equipment. Properly labels, prepacks and completes quality control records.
- Prepares inpatient drug orders including all medicinal dosage forms such as chemotherapy, intravenous admixtures, oral solids, etc., according to established procedures and protocols.
- Answers routine inquiries from providers and nurses regarding drug distribution, availability of specific drugs or supplies in the pharmacy, i.e., drugs in stock, drugs on order, dosage forms, etc.
: https://youtube.com/embed/Fn_ickNBEws VA Careers - Physical Therapy
: https://youtube.com/embed/Gi2hoFqIoqY VA Careers - Prosthetics
: https://youtube.com/embed/3NUvF5jjErQ VA Careers - Social Work
: https://youtube.com/embed/enRhz_ua_UU Work Schedule
: Full-time; Rotating shifts (Days/Nights/Weekends - depending on department need of service) Functional Statement #
: 00000 Permanent Change of Station (PCS):
Not authorized Financial Disclosure Report:
Not required RequirementsConditions of Employment
- You must be a U.S. Citizen to apply for this job.
- All applicants tentatively selected for VA employment in a testing designated position are subject to urinalysis to screen for illegal drug use prior to appointment. Applicants who refuse to be tested will be denied employment with VA.
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959.
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English.
- You may be required to serve a probationary period.
- Subject to background/security investigation.
- Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process.
- Must pass pre-employment physical examination.
- Participation in the seasonal influenza vaccination program is a requirement for all Department of Veterans Affairs Health Care Personnel (HCP).
- Participation in the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) vaccination program is a requirement for all Veterans Health Administration Health Care Personnel (HCP) - See "Additional Information" below for details.
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- English proficiency
- PTCB certification
May qualify based on being covered by the Grandfathering Provision as described in the VA Qualification Standard for this occupation (only applicable to current VHA employees who are in this occupation and meet the criteria).Grade Determinations
: Ability to solve problems and make recommendations, e.g., troubleshoot operational problems and refer for appropriate action. Knowledge of the operation and care of automated equipment. Knowledge of, and ability to follow, written instructions for compounding with aseptic technique for hazardous materials such as oncology agents. Knowledge, and ability to perform, compounding with aseptic technique for routine sterile products. Knowledge of policies and procedures for inventory management in specialized areas such as emergency carts. Knowledge of the computerized prescription process demonstrated by the ability to input prescriptions and medication orders. References:
VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G28.
The full performance level of this vacancy is GS 6. Physical Requirements:
- The work requires repetitive motion, standing, walking, reaching, stooping, lifting heavy objects up to 50 pounds, pushing heavy or bulky carts and at times may be physically demanding, sometimes for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to adjust to changing environments.
- Must demonstrate the ability to stay on task, to multi-task, and to adapt to the speed of the workflow as required to provide the best customer service possible to the veterans and staff.
A transcript must be submitted with your application if you are basing all or part of your qualifications on education.Note:
Only education or degrees recognized by the U.S. Department of Education from accredited colleges, universities, schools, or institutions may be used to qualify for Federal employment. You can verify your education here: http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/ . If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html . Additional information
Receiving Service Credit or Earning Annual (Vacation) Leave: Federal Employees earn annual leave at a rate (4, 6 or 8 hours per pay period) which is based on the number of years they have served as a Federal employee. Selected applicants may qualify for credit toward annual leave accrual, based on prior work experience or military service experience. This credited service can be used in determining the rate at which they earn annual leave. Such credit must be requested and approved prior to the appointment date and is not guaranteed.
This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
This position is in the Excepted Service and does not confer competitive status.
VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply. The health-related positions in VA are covered by Title 38, and are not covered by the Schedule A excepted appointment authority.
If you are unable to apply online or need an alternate method to submit documents, please reach out to the Agency Contact listed in this Job Opportunity Announcement.