As a Technical Targeting Analyst at CIA, you will enable the Agency to collect intelligence against our nation's highest priority threats in a global environment that is often hostile, fast paced, and technologically savvy. Technical Targeting Analysts evaluate technical and scientific data to provide insights that unite technical operations and technical development activities to maximize intelligence collection strategies.
Using your research and critical thinking skills, as well as your writing and briefing abilities on both current and longer-term intelligence studies. You will analyze critical data, inform senior officials, and steer intelligence operations. An ability to identify and assess entities, vulnerabilities, and technological trends to enable new collection operations that answer critical intelligence issues is vital to this work. Technical Targeting Analysts also apply their skills to uncovering and disrupting threats to CIA's mission. This requires strong analytic, research, and investigative skills combined with an aptitude for and interest in technical and scientific topics, personal initiative, and a bias for collaboration.
Opportunities may exist for foreign travel, technical and management training, and assignments in other offices within the CIA. Advanced training will be provided in analytical tools and methodologies, as well as a variety of technologies. RequirementsConditions of Employment
- You must be physically in the United States or one of its territories when you submit your resume via MyLINK.
- You must be registered for the Selective Service, if applicable.
- You must be a U.S. citizen and at least 18 years of age (dual-national US citizens are eligible).
- You must be willing to move to the Washington, DC area.
- You must successfully complete a thorough medical and psychological exam, a polygraph interview, and a comprehensive background investigation.
- For further information, please visit: https://www.cia.gov/careers/how-we-hire/
- Ability to meet the minimum requirements for joining CIA , including U.S. citizenship and a background investigation
- Experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Data analytics
- Econometrics, mathematical modeling, or geospatial modeling
- Gaming and modeling
- Internet/web technology
- Mathematical analysis
- Network security and engineering
- Signal processing and analysis
- Social network analysis
- Statistical operations research
- Survey research, design, and analysis
- Telecommunications networks/voice data communications
- Self-starter attitude with initiative
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Strong analytic and research skills
- Bachelor's degree in one of the following fields or related studies:
- Computer Science
- Cultural Anthropology
- Data Science
- Engineering disciplines (Electrical, Computer, Mechanical, Aerospace, Nuclear etc.)
- Geospatial Modeling
- Materials Science
- Forensics (digital forensics, forensic science, and technology)
- At least a 3.0 GPA on a 4-point scale