As an Accountant for CIA, you will play an integral part in achieving and sustaining auditable financial statements and ensuring financial transactions across a wide range of activities are accurately calculated, recorded, and tracked. You will have the opportunity to work directly with customers, becoming the link between complex transactions and financially accurate documentation.
You will be an important partner in all financial occupations, as well as across the Agency and Intelligence Community, as you gain governmental accounting expertise and provide financial analysis of programs and business enterprises.
You will have the opportunity to compete for global positions after successfully completing your initial developmental program. RequirementsConditions of Employment
- You must be physically in the United States or one of its territories when you submit your resume via MyLINK.
- You must be registered for the Selective Service, if applicable.
- You must be a U.S. citizen and at least 18 years of age (dual-national US citizens are eligible).
- You must be willing to move to the Washington, DC area.
- You must successfully complete a thorough medical and psychological exam, a polygraph interview, and a comprehensive background investigation.
- For further information, please visit: https://www.cia.gov/careers/how-we-hire
- Knowledge or experience in the following functional disciplines:
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Financial and Federal Accounting Standards
- Cost Accounting Standards
- Managerial Accounting
- Financial analysis
- Documented good credit history
- Ability to meet the minimum requirements for joining CIA , including U.S. citizenship and a background investigation
- Advanced degrees or professional certifications such as:
- Certified Public Accountant
- Certified Internal Auditor
- Certified Government Financial Manager
- Demonstrated excellent:
- Excellent Interpersonal skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Costumer service
- Analytic and problem-solving abilities
- Team and independent work ethic
- Bachelor's or master's degree in one of the following:
- Business Administration
- Public Administration
- At least a 3.0 GPA on a 4-point scale preferred
- At least 24 semester credit hours of accounting coursework