DutiesWHAT IS THE TEGE DIVISION?
A description of the business units can be found at: https://www.jobs.irs.gov/about/who/business-divisions
Vacancies will be filled in the following specialty areas:
Tax Exempt and Government Entities HQ Shared Services
The following are the duties of this position at the full working level. If this vacancy includes more than one grade and you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform these duties and receive training to help you grow in this position.
RequirementsConditions of Employment STANDARD POSITION DESCRIPTIONS (SPD):
- Meets with managers and executives within the Service to define the overall goals and objectives of the project.
- Prepares action plans and schedules for various phases of project accomplishment, both short and long-range; ensures that plans are consistent with Service goals, schedules, and policies.
- Prepares recommendation for resource requirements to accomplish the project; negotiates with managers of various components of the Service to obtain needed resources and support.
- Establishes a system to review, control, and report on project status.
- Plans, coordinates, and establishes operating methods and procedures for accomplishment of project mission; as needed, directs the development and accomplishment of employee training relating to the project.
Visit the IRS SPD Library to access the position descriptions.
- Telework Eligible Positions: Telework eligible positions do not guarantee telework. Employees must meet and sustain IRS telework eligibility requirements (e.g., reporting at least twice a pay period to your assigned Post of Duty (POD)) and supervisor's approval to participate in the IRS Telework Program. Employees must also be within a 200-mile radius of their official assigned post-of-duty (POD) while in a telework status. As a reminder - If you are selected for a position, you are responsible for reporting to your designated POD (location) on the negotiated start date or as directed by management.
- A 1-year probationary period is required (unless already completed).
- Obtain and use a Government-issued charge card for business-related travel.
Federal experience is not required. The experience may have been gained in the public sector, private sector or Volunteer Service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-timework is considered on a prorated basis. To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week, on your resume.
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement: SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: GS-14 LEVEL:
You must have 1 year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-13 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes experience with a wide range of evaluative and analytical methods and techniques and experience applying these methods and techniques to formulating and executing program plans related to Human Resources (HR) from a business perspective, such as significant hiring plan initiatives. Experience in formulating, planning, scheduling, implementing and/or directing program/project plans (i.e., recruitment and assessment processes) and monitoring and/or coordinating analyses of programs or projects. Experience researching and applying the laws, policies, regulations, and precedents applicable to operations (i.e. 5 CFR, IRM and OPM Handbooks). Experience preparing and presenting briefings, reports, analysis, findings, and recommendations to managers and employees to resolve problems and/or issues; experience communicating orally and in writing. Experience working with systems in an automated environment and administering programs and projects using automated tools (i.e., CareerConnector, HR Connect and/or other related tools/systems).ANDMEET TIME IN GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT:
You must meet applicable TIG requirements to be considered eligible. To meet TIG for positions above the GS-05 grade level, you must have served at least one year (52 weeks) at the next lower grade (or equivalent) in the normal line of progression for the position you are applying to. Advancement to positions up to GS-05 is permitted if the position to be filled is no more than two grades above
the lowest grade held within the preceding 52 weeks.ANDTIME AFTER COMPETITIVE APPOINTMENT:
By the closing date (or if this is an open continuous announcement, by the cut-off date) specified in this job announcement, current civilian employees must have completed at least 90 days of federal civilian service since their latest non-temporary appointment from a competitive referral certificate, known as time after competitive appointment . For this requirement, a competitive appointment is one where you applied to and were appointed from an announcement open to "All US Citizens".
For more information on qualifications please refer to OPM's Qualifications Standards .Education
A copy of your transcripts or equivalent documentation is required for positions with an education requirement, or if you are qualifying based on education or a combination of education and experience. An official transcript will be required if you are selected. If the position has specific education requirements and you currently hold, or have previously held, a position in the same job series with the IRS, there is no need to submit a transcript or equivalent at this time. Applicants are encouraged, but are not required, to submit an SF-50 documenting experience in a specific series. A college or university degree generally must be from an accredited (or pre-accredited) college or university recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. For a list of schools which meet these criteria, please refer to Department of Education Accreditation page .FOREIGN EDUCATION:
Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying. Click here for Foreign Education Credentialing instructions. Additional information
If the position(s) are no longer needed prior to the closing date, this announcement may be closed early.
- We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies. Additional jobs may be filled.
- The salary range indicated in this announcement reflects the minimum locality pay up to maximum locality pay for all duty locations listed. The range will be adjusted for selected duty location. General Schedule locality pay tables may be found under Salaries & Wages .
- This is a non bargaining unit position.
- Tour of Duty: Monday - Friday; 8:00am-4:30pm.
- Alternative work schedule, staggered work hours or telework may be available.
- Relocation expenses - No.
This is an open continuous announcement which will be used to fill vacancies in the locations listed as they become available for the next 12 months contingent upon funding and space requirements. Applicants must apply and/or update their applications by 11:59 pm ET at the close of the following cutoff dates to be considered: Cutoff date(s): 05/12/2023, 09/04/2023, 12/04/2023, 03/04/2024
. This announcement may be amended to include additional cut-off dates within the 12 month
period if needed, not later than 10 days prior to the additional cut-off date(s). Eligible applicants in the highest quality group who apply by the initial cut-off date will be considered first. If additional vacancies exist, applicants who applied after the initial cutoff date who place in the highest quality group will be considered next. Selections from this announcement may be made no later than (NLT) 06/03/2024