RequirementsConditions of Employment
- Develop and monitor strategic human capital initiatives to ensure effective progress against milestones and assesses continuous plans and programs for continuous improvements to meet organizational goals and objectives.
- Prepare reports for executive leadership that address complex human capital requirements that impact the mission, function, and strategic management of DHS HQ.
- Create standard and ad-hoc statistical and graphical reports using personnel databases and reporting tools for internal and external organizations.
- Identify data errors, inconsistencies, and system deficiencies, and develop and recommend strategies and tactics for problem resolution.
- Research and analyze data for quality, identify and track trends, and develop recommended solutions to systemic problems.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QualificationsQualifications required: Data analytics and reporting using personnel systems to extract data and prepare statistical and graphical reports and briefing materials. Project management, implementation, execution, and monitoring. Self-starter with the ability to multi-task and take on an assignment and/or portfolio and see it through to completion with minimal guidance. Ability to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing, and to present well-considered and sound suggestions that provide a clear direction. Please read the following important information to ensure we have everything we need to consider your application:
- Must be a current permanent Federal employee
- Must have supervisory approval to apply to the Joint Duty Assignment. DHS 250-2 Application Form under "required documents" section.
- Must NOT have any pending/outstanding disciplinary actions
- Must have achieved a minimum of "meet expectations/proficiency" on latest performance appraisal/evaluation
- Must be currently at the grade level of the detail. *No Temporary Promotion Opportunity*
- The program does not apply to members of the Military service or contractors.
It is your responsibility to ensure that you submit appropriate documentation prior to the closing date. Your resume serves as the basis for qualification determinations and must highlight your most relevant and significant experience as it relates to this Joint Duty assignment opportunity announcement.
Be clear and specific when describing your work history since human resources cannot make assumptions regarding your experience. Your application will be rated based on your resume.Please ensure EACH work history includes ALL of the following information: Job Title (Include series and grade of Federal Job) Duties (Be specific in describing your duties) Name of Federal agency Supervisor name, email, and phone number Start and end dates including month and year (e.g. June 2007 to April 2008) EducationEDUCATIONAL SUBSTITUTION:
There is no educational substitution for this position. Additional information**DHS does not offer any additional benefits beyond that which the Federal employee is already receiving.
If the position requires a security clearance, employees must have a SECRET or TOP SECRET clearance to placement AND must maintain that level of clearance while performing in the position.
Selected applicants for a JDA are requested to fulfill the items below during the JDA: Complete the DHS Training Course 15 days prior to the arrival to the JDA. Complete the DHS Joint Duty Assignment Progress Plan to include:
- Phase 1: Establish assignment objectives within the first 30 days of the JDA.
- Phase 2: Complete a self-assessment of the duties performed at the mid-point of the JDA.
- Phase 3: Complete a final review within the last 30 days of the JDA.