As a Support Integration Officer (Deployed Support Officer) (SIO) for CIA, you will be responsible for providing multidisciplinary support to the U.S. intelligence mission worldwide. You will resolve tactical issues, apply, or create new processes and procedures to fit location-specific requirements, and provide direct and indirect operational support in the following disciplines:
- Finance and Budget
- Human Resources
- Project Management
For SIOs, the capacity and commitment to serve globally is essential. You will typically spend your first year of employment in the Washington, DC metro area, followed by a directed two-year tour in the foreign field. During the first year, you will participate in developmental assignments and attend a full-time, 14-week support certification training program. Pending successful completion of the certification program, your first tour will be overseas, and it may be in a hardship location. Your assignment will be based on the needs of the mission and the skills and abilities you demonstrate during the training program. After your first overseas tour, you will be encouraged to engage in a balanced career of both foreign field and domestic assignments.
SIOs succeed in their work by providing innovative solutions and building cooperative alliances between mission partners to address increasingly rapid changes in organization priorities, resources, or work processes.RequirementsConditions of Employment
- You must be physically in the United States or one of its territories when you submit your resume via MyLINK.
- You must be registered for the Selective Service, if applicable.
- You must be a U.S. citizen and at least 18 years of age (dual-national US citizens are eligible).
- You must be willing to move to the Washington, DC area.
- You must successfully complete a thorough medical and psychological exam, a polygraph interview, and a comprehensive background investigation.
- For further information, please visit: https://www.cia.gov/careers/how-we-hire/
- Experience in the following functional disciplines:
- Business Administration
- International Studies
- Customer Service
- Contract Management
- Resource Management
- Performance Measurement
- Process Improvement
- Intelligence Operations
- A valid driver's license
- Successful SIOs must demonstrate:
- Planning and organizational skills
- Customer service skills
- Knowledge of administrative disciplines
- Verbal and written communications skills
- Sound judgment and decision-making capabilities
- Interpersonal effectiveness and leadership skills
- Ability to meet the minimum requirements for joining CIA , including U.S. citizenship and a background investigation
- Graduate degree
- At least a 3.0 GPA on a 4-point scale is preferred, but exceptions are made for extenuating circumstances
Bachelor's degree in one of the following with emphasis on statistical analysis:
- Business Administration
- Public Administration