As a Cyber Threat Analyst at CIA, you will conduct all-source analysis, digital forensics, and targeting to identify, monitor, and counter threats posed by foreign cyber actors against US information systems, critical infrastructure, and cyber-related interests. Analysts will apply their scientific and technical knowledge to solve complex intelligence problems, produce short-term and long-term written assessments, and brief U.S. policymakers and the U.S. cyber defense community.
You will have the opportunity to maintain and broaden your professional ties throughout your career through academic study, collaboration with Intelligence Community peers, and attendance at professional meetings.
Opportunities exist for foreign and domestic travel, language training, and analytic tradecraft and management training. You will have an opportunity to develop deep substantive expertise and participate in broadening assignments with other offices in the Agency and across the U.S. Government. RequirementsConditions of Employment
- You must be physically in the United States or one of its territories when you submit your resume via MyLINK.
- You must be registered for the Selective Service, if applicable.
- You must be a U.S. citizen and at least 18 years of age (dual-national US citizens are eligible).
- You must be willing to move to the Washington, DC area.
- You must successfully complete a thorough medical and psychological exam, a polygraph interview, and a comprehensive background investigation.
- For further information, please visit: https://www.cia.gov/careers/how-we-hire/
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Excellent analytic abilities and relevant experience
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving skills, and ability to think creatively
- Ability to meet the minimum requirements for joining CIA , including U.S. citizenship and a background investigation
- Interest in international affairs
- Awareness of U.S. national security interests
- Foreign language proficiency
- Strong verbal presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to write clear, concise text
- Research experience in international affairs
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Interest in a career that requires regular writing assignments
- Bachelor's or master's degree in one of the following fields:
- Computer Science
- Computer Engineering
- Digital Forensics
- Cyber Security
- Information Assurances
- Security Studies
- A mix of international and technical studies
- At least a 3.0 GPA on a 4-point scale is preferred