RequirementsConditions of Employment
- Assists with the operation of the pool, oversees the work of assigned lifeguards and monitors compliance with facility policies. Assists with scheduling of employees.
- Assists with the operation of the pool, its filtration system, water balance, pool chemistry and performs water tests.
- Under direction of the pool supervisor, employ safety rules for the protection of the guest. Responsible for life guarding guest in attendance at the assigned aquatic facility.
- Rescues swimmers and administers first aid as required. Responsible for assisting in the conduct of aquatic swimming and water survival training according to tC21-21.
- Attend aquatics and/or safety training as directed. Ensures maintaining pool and area is clean and free from any hazards.
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required.
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position.
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check.
- Continuous exposure to sun and prolonged periods of high temperature and humidity.
- Subject to satisfactory completion of all pre-employment checks in accordance with AR 215-3, para.2.
- Incumbent may also be required to complete a Tier 1 background investigation for a Common Access Card for physical access to federally-controlled facilities.
- Must have current health assessment which documents good physical health, freedom from communicable disease IAW current Army.
- In case of exposure to infectious disease, incumbent is required to obtain the Hepatitis B vaccination series within a 24-hour period.
- Incumbent is required to follow environmental safeguards and wear personal protective equipment.
- May be assigned to irregular duties or when needed for special recreational events and related requirements.
- Work hours may involve weekend, weekdays, holidays and night duty.
- American Red Cross "Lifeguard" certification or nationally recognized equivalent (i.e. Ellis & Associates Lifeguard Certification).
- American Red Cross "Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation for the Professional Rescuer" (CPR-Pro) certification or nationally recognized equivalent (i.e. Ellis & Associates (CPR) Certification).When facilities use Automated External Defibrillator "AED's"
- American Red Cross "Automated External Defibrillator" (AED) certification or nationally recognized equivalent i.e. Ellis & Associates AED certification.
****Certificates must be uploaded when applying to be considered.
****Additional information Area of Consideration:
- The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is worldwide. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)
Allowances, Incentives, and PCS Costs:
- If you are unable to apply online, you may submit your application package using a manual application method. Please contact the NAF Human Resources Office or representative listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form. All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 3:30 PM on 09/29/2023 in order to process your application in a timely manner. Please note that neglecting to respond to the job-related questions may result in an ineligible rating.
Please check out our Applicant Information Kit:
- Allowances, differentials, or incentives will not be paid.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs are not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- It contains additional information applicants may find useful when applying for our jobs. (To view the kit, click or copy and paste this URL: https://publicfileshare.chra.army.mil/Applicants/NAF%20Applicant%20Information%20Kit.pdf ).
- Information may be requested regarding the vaccination status of selectees for the purposes of implementing workplace safety protocols. For more information, visit https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/faq/vaccinations/
- Additional referrals may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Applications are valid for 90 days after submission date. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as additional vacancies occur.
- Pay Setting rules apply for current employees.