In this role, you will work on cutting-edge policy, legal, and operational issues at the nexus of national security, emerging technologies, and international economics and finance. Applicants to this announcement can be selected for one of Office of Investment Security's three offices: the Office of Review & Investigation, which reviews and investigates transactions to identify and mitigate national security risks; the Office of Monitoring & Enforcement, which oversees and enforces compliance with mitigation agreements and in searching for and identifying non-notified transactions; and the Office of Policy & International Relations, which leads rulemaking activities, private and public sector stakeholder engagement, and coordination with U.S. allies and partners to promote investment screening and national security.
The following are the duties of this position at the GS-14:
- Serve as an expert on a full range of complex policy issues related to investment security, including coordination of the interagency process and analysis of transactions.
RequirementsConditions of Employment
- Provide authoritative advice, analytical support, and recommendations on CFIUS's authority to review transactions, national security risks posed by transactions, and the options available to mitigate national security risk.
- Coordinate with CFIUS member agencies, as needed, to facilitate consensus and ensure timely progression and effective monitoring and compliance of cases in coordination with Treasury staff, the interagency, and parties to transactions.
- Brief and advise senior Treasury officials on the issues raised by transactions and pertinent information for decision making on high-profile or potentially controversial cases and issues.
- Monitor compliance with national security agreements, review and respond to parties' submissions, conduct site visits, and perform testing of compliance and security controls.
- Perform all-source research and diligence on international transactions.
- Engage with foreign governments, investors, interagency Committee members, and foreign and domestic stakeholders.
- Lead special projects and train and mentor colleagues as assigned by your supervisor.
The experience may have been gained in either the public, private sector or volunteer service . One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis. To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/day/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week on your resume. Key Requirements: Please refer to "Conditions of Employment." Click "Print Preview" to review the entire announcement before applying. Must be U.S. Citizen or U.S. National QualificationsThis is an open continuous announcement with the following cut dates to review application packages:
- April 30, 2023
- May 31,2023
- June 30, 2023
- July 31, 2023
- August 31, 2023
- October 2, 2023
You must meet the following requirements by the closing/cut date of this announcement.SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE AT THE GS-14 LEVEL:
You must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-13 grade level in the Federal service.
Specialized experience for this position includes experience as a team lead, senior analyst, or similar supervisory role in:
(Must meet both A, B, and C below.)A.
Conducting research and working with stakeholders on issues involving economics, finance, international affairs, law, national security, public policy, or science and technology; or
Evaluating a range of international financial, investment, or national security policy issues;
Conducting specialized analyses of foreign direct investment to identify economic, national security or other risks;
Communicating results of research and analysis and making policy recommendations to senior decision makers Additional informationOTHER INFORMATION:
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies.
- This is a non-bargaining unit position.
- A recruitment incentive may be offered.
- Student loan repayment may be offered.
- We offer opportunities for telework.
- We offer opportunities for flexible work schedules.
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- Must successfully complete a background investigation.
- Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment, at the time requested by the agency.
- Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
- If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
- Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9 . Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S.
- To ensure compliance with an applicable preliminary nationwide injunction, which may be supplemented, modified, or vacated, depending on the course of ongoing litigation, the Federal Government will take no action to implement or enforce the COVID-19 vaccination requirement pursuant to Executive Order 14043 on Requiring Coronavirus Disease 2019 Vaccination for Federal Employees. Federal agencies may request information regarding the vaccination status of selected applicants for the purposes of implementing other workplace safety protocols, such as protocols related to masking, physical distancing, testing, travel, and quarantine.
Our comprehensive benefits are very generous. Our benefits package includes:
- Challenging work, opportunities for advancement, competitive salaries, bonuses and incentive awards.
- Eleven paid holidays, 13 days of sick leave, and 13 to 26 days of vacation time each year.
- Access to insurance programs that may be continued after you retire.
- A wide choice of health insurance plans, coverage for pre-existing conditions, and no waiting periods. We pay a substantial amount (up to 75%) of the health insurance premiums.
- A retirement program which includes employer-matching contributions.
- Learn more about Federal benefits programs at: https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/Pay_and_Benefits