This public notice covers positions managing, supervising, leading, and/or performing professional medical work.
Duties and responsibilities vary and may increase according to the grade level and series of the position. See specifics for the occupation and grade for which you are applying on the following CDC link: Direct Hiring Authority | Working at CDC | Careers at CDC This public notice will be used to fill Medical positions listed below at the following grade levels.
Physician, GS-0602. All grades
Nurse, GS-0610, All grades
Pharmacist, GS-0660. All grades
Veterinary Medical Officer, GS-0701. Grades 11-15 RequirementsConditions of Employment
- US Citizenship is required.
- E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" System. Federal law requires DHS to use the E-Verify System to verify employment eligibility of all new hires, and as a condition of continued employment obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is an E-Verify Participant.
- Direct Deposit: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
- All qualification requirements must be met upon submission of application.
- One-year probationary period may be required.
- Re-employed Annuitants may be considered to fill vacancies. If you have retired from federal service and are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet via http://intranet.cdc.gov/hro/docs/jobs/NDAA-Reemployed-Annuitants.pdf
- This position can be filled at any grade level.
- Bargaining Unit Position: May be a bargaining unit position
- This position may be subject toa OGE Financial Disclosure CDC Financial Disclosure-The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention inspires public confidence in its trust responsibilities and mission by maintaining high ethical principles. This position is subject to the confidential financial disclosure requirements of the Ethics in Government Act of 1978 (P.L. 95-521). Therefore, if selected, you will be required to complete a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report (OGE Form 450) to determine if a conflict or an appearance of a conflict exists between your financial interest and your prospective position with the agency. This Information will be required annually.
- Due to positions being filled at multiple grade levels and locations, you may be subject to initial and random drug testing.
- This position may be subject to a Background/Security Investigation.
- Travel, transportation, and moving expenses may be authorized.
- Annual Leave for non-federal service may be authorized.
- This public notice may be used to fill supervisory or manager positions.
- May be subject to 1 year supervisory or managerial probationary period
- Some positions will be filled as permanent or term appointments.
The link to the OPM qualification standard are listed below.
Veterinary Health Science Series Minimum Qualifications:
Applicants must have at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the next lower GS level in which you are applying for.
Specialized experience is experience at or equivalent to which is directly related to the position which has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs) to successfully perform the duties of the position to include - see specifics for the occupation and grade for which you are applying on the following CDC link: Direct Hiring Authority | Working at CDC | Careers at CDC
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Current or Former Political Appointees: Agencies must seek prior approval from the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) before they can appoint a current or recent political appointee to a competitive or non-political excepted service position at any level under the provisions of title 5, United States Code. If you are currently, or have been within the last 5 years, a political Schedule A, Schedule C, or Non-career SES employee in the executive branch, you MUST disclose that to the Human Resources Office. Failure to disclose this information could result in disciplinary action including removal from Federal Service. Current or Former Political Appointees: Submit SF-50.
In accordance with Executive Order 12564 of September 14, 1986, The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) is A Drug-Free Federal Workplace. The Federal government, as the largest employer in the Nation, can and should show the way towards achieving drug-free workplaces through programs designed to offer drug users a helping hand, and at the same time demonstrating to drug users and potential drug users that drugs will not be tolerated in the Federal workplace. The use of illegal drugs, on or off duty, by Federal employees is inconsistent not only with the law-abiding behavior expected of all citizens, but also with the special trust placed in such employees as servants of the public. All applicants tentatively selected for this position will be required to submit to urinalysis to screen for illegal drug use prior to appointment and be subject to random, reasonable suspicion, and post-accident drug testing upon hiring. Appointment to the position will be contingent upon a negative applicant drug test result. Education
Education completed in colleges or universities outside the United States may be used to meet the education requirements. You must provide acceptable documentation that the foreign education is comparable to that received in an accredited educational institution in the United States. For more information on how foreign education is evaluated, visit: https://sites.ed.gov/international/recognition-of-foreign-qualifications . Additional information
Locality pay will be adjusted to reflect location after selection. If selected, you will be required to sign a Statement of Understanding (SOU) for negotiable location requirements. Find more information on locality and pay scales . Salary may be adjusted to include a Cost of Living Allowance (COLA) of 2.86% for Anchorage, Alaska, 10.28% for Honolulu, Hawaii, and 3.13% for Puerto Rico.These positions may be eligible for special pay allowances (e.g., post differential, housing, relocation, market pay, etc.)
The 0602 Physician and Dentist Pay (PDP) consists of the General Schedule (GS) base pay and Title 38 market pay (instead of the locality pay that is normally part of a GS employee's compensation). CDC appoints physicians and dentists under the Title 5 hiring authority of the United States Code (U.S.C.), but uses the provisions of Title 38 U.S.C. to provide discretionary pay when applicable.
VHA Title 38, U.S.C. 7431, Physician, Dentist, and Podiatrist Annual Pay Ranges (va.gov) This position is being filled through Direct Hire Authority for this occupation and is open to all US Citizens.
Vacancies will be filled through OPM's Direct Hire Authority. Veterans' preference and traditional rating and ranking of applicants do not apply to positions filled under this announcement. All applicants who meet the minimum qualification requirements will be forwarded to the selecting official for consideration. Applications received as a result of job fairs, recruitment events, and emergency hiring mechanisms in support of this hiring initiative will also be accepted during the duration of the direct-hire authority.
For more information on OPM's authorization of Direct Hire Authority, please visit: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/hiring-information/direct-hire-authority/
Recruitment and/or relocation incentives may be authorized.
Males born after December 31, 1959 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (see http://www.sss.gov ).