West Creek 7 (12077), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
Risk Manager, Consumer Advisory | Retail Bank
Capital One, a Fortune 500 company and one of the nation's top 10 banks, offers a broad spectrum of financial products and services to consumers, small businesses and commercial clients. Our goal is to create one of the nation's great banks, and we have the necessary ingredients: a strong balance sheet, resilient businesses, a massive customer franchise, strong analytical capabilities, and great people. We nurture a work environment where people with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds, guided by our shared values, come together to make Capital One a great company - and a great place to work.
Retail Risk focuses on product design, innovation, customer experiences, and behind-the-scenes operations that allow our customers to bank with confidence. We're on a quest to change banking for good by supporting our customers in their financial moments that matter, protecting our customers from financial threats, and protecting our business' position in the marketplace. Retail Risk Advisors navigate unstructured problems and manage change while demonstrating superior problem-solving skills, strong business judgment, and executive presence. Retail Risk supports several areas to include core systems, product, applications, bank operations, complaints, plus so much more in the product space. In this role the core advisory responsibilities will include, but are not limited to performing risk assessments, mitigation plans, audit support, and control suit effectiveness.
If you have the passion to Protect our Customers and Protect our Bank, we need you!
As a Risk Advisor, you will:
- Advise and consult with self-directed teams to help develop well-designed products, practices, and processes
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with product owners, process managers, compliance advisors, legal counsel, auditors, and other risk associates
- Manage multiple tasks independently and/or through a team to meet deadlines
- Coordinate work between multiple areas and engage in multiple work streams, simultaneously; leveraging/influencing business partners to drive results
- Effectively work in non-binary space and bring structure to deliver on our well-managed agenda
- Oversee risk event remediation impacting customers stemming from process breakdowns or other problems, developing permanent corrective actions
- Support second line of defense assurance reviews, internal audits, and regulatory exams
- Own and lead team-wide initiatives aimed at improving team approaches, team engagement and/or our underlying risk policies and processes
Successful Risk Advisors in our culture are:
- Innovative, adaptive, and inclusive
- Exceptional communicators
- Able to blend strategic and tactical thinking and creative and analytical reasoning
- Creative, outside-the-box thinkers who have a customer-backed problem-solving approach
- Able to identify themes and apply learnings in highly ambiguous contexts
- Collaborative, team players with the ability to navigate and influence organizations
- Passionate about continuously learning
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 2 years of experience in risk management, product management, financial services, or technology
- 5+ years of experience in risk management, operations division in financial services, technology, product management, compliance, or internal audit
- 3+ year of Technology or Data Risk experience or Technology or Data Control experience
- 3+ years experience with core process management tools (Swim Lane, FMEA, RACI)
- Business Process Management certification, Lean or Green Belt Certification, or Professional certification (CFE, CRM, CIA)
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, citizenship, immigration status, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).