Center 1 (19052), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Senior Financial Analyst
The Card Central Finance team is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to support a wide range of exciting priorities within the broader Card organization. This role provides a unique opportunity to closely partner with senior leaders in Finance and the Card business. The team is centered on discovering new insights, developing compelling analytical stories, and influencing the overall direction of the business. The role will cover a blend of data analysis and reporting, presentation development, and ad-hoc projects focused on Card revenue and volumes. The ideal candidate will independently own their space and bring a unique perspective to the existing collaborative team dynamic. There is ample opportunity to build relationships and drive high impact results, while learning more about the Card business and its impact on the broader company. Roles require strong communication, problem solving, strategic thinking, and influencing skills in order to effectively:
- Articulate outcomes of analysis and relevant insights
- Develop presentations to communicate business and analysis results to senior audiences
- Build relationships with business and finance partners to ensure smooth processes
- Perform financial data analysis, including forecasting, variance analysis, and financial reporting
- Independently manage and prioritize workload
- Assist in development of presentations to communicate analysis results to senior audiences, clearly articulate outcomes of analysis to leadership teams
- Coordinate and collect input data from Financial Analysts in different departments, check data integrity, summarize and convert data, verify, analyze, and communicate output data
- Ad-hoc requests and special projects
- Create new reporting and drive improvements for higher level associates
- Provide management and business clients with project statuses
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 1 year of experience in financial analysis
- At least 1 year of experience with financial modeling
- Bachelor's Degree in a quantitative major (Finance, Accounting, Economics, Mathematics, Engineering)
- 2 or more years of experience in financial analysis and modeling
- Experience using Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience using Onestream, Essbase, or similar software
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).