West Creek 3 (12073), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
Manager, Accounting - Card
Does the idea of working with professional, highly trained accountants inspire you? Are you an accounting professional with a demonstrated ability to work well in teams and develop new ideas? Would you like to work in a collaborative environment where your contributions are recognized and rewarded, all while having a work-life balance? If so, opportunities for professional and personal fulfillment in a dynamic, progressive organization await you at Capital One!
Th e Card Accounting Manager will perform journal entries, analysis, and reconciliations to support the Branded Card li ne of business at Capital One with particular focus on financial analytics and process automation. You will work with a superior team to learn the accounting processes and procedures at Capital One, specifically those around new business initiatives and product launches, and have the opportunity to grow your responsibilities with your team.
- Perform monthly close responsibilities, including preparing journal entries and reconciliations for review with management
- Prepare monthly financial analysis and interface with business partners for additional insight on performance trends
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports for review with management
- Engage directly with LOB and FP&A partners to drive sustainable process design
- Refine data requirements and partner with LOB, Finance Tech and Card Agile Pod to deliver integrated, scalable reporting solutions
- Lead transformation of financial analysis tailored to emerging business
- Present results and metrics to executives and other key stakeholders
- Leverage cutting-edge technology to provide multifaceted reporting that supports management and external reporting
- Provide business requirements for data collection and sourcing, and support compliance with risk management standards and policies
- Participate in changing business initiatives, learning from key business partners on new products, projects, and initiatives
- Become a process owner and expert, identifying and delivering process improvements as you work to reimagine processes
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance, or military experience
- At least 5 years of experience in Accounting, or in Finance, or in Auditing, or a combination
- At least 5 years of experience in Microsoft Office, Google Suite, or a combination
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) License
- At least 7 years of experience in Accounting, or in Finance, or in Auditing, or a combination
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, citizenship, immigration status, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).