Plano 6 (31066), United States of America, Plano, Texas
Senior Manager, Data Science - Oasis Team
Data is at the center of everything we do. As a startup, we disrupted the credit card industry by individually personalizing every credit card offer using statistical modeling and the relational database, cutting edge technology in 1988! Fast-forward a few years, and this little innovation and our passion for data has skyrocketed us to a Fortune 200 company and a leader in the world of data-driven decision-making.
As a Data Scientist at Capital One, you'll be part of a team that's leading the next wave of disruption at a whole new scale, using the latest in computing and machine learning technologies and operating across billions of customer records to unlock the big opportunities that help everyday people save money, time and agony in their financial lives. Team Description
Capital One's Auto Finance business (COAF) has grown massively over the last decade on the heels of a robust strategic agenda advancing our technological capabilities to bring the best possible experience to our customers. We face the unique challenge of building products to directly serve dealerships and consumers, while also building robust modeling systems to manage our lending risks. The Data Science team is driving every stage of business strategy and product development, ranging from marketing and personalization, underwriting, pricing, valuation, loss forecasting, testing optimization, image recognition, and text analytics.
The Oasis team, now embedded within the credit infrastructure center of excellence of COAF, is on a mission to dramatically improve the efficiency and effectiveness of testing experimentation at CapitalOne. Oasis as a product delivers out-of-the-box Multi-Armed Bandits testing capabilities that enable teams to easily deploy powerful algorithms to enhance/speed up capturing the value of learnings from market testing. Existing and in-development use cases span marketing, credit, and customer management activities across both COAF and Card. With demand for Oasis growing fast, the team has a robust and exciting agenda for enhancements to both the Oasis product back end (algorithms and API) and front end (UI, analytics dashboard). Role DescriptionIn this role, you will:
The Ideal Candidate is:
- Partner with a cross-functional, geographically distributed team of data scientists, software engineers, product managers, and business analysts to deliver a product customers love
- Leverage a broad stack of technologies - Python, Conda, AWS, H2O, Spark, and more - to reveal the insights hidden within huge volumes of numeric and textual data
- Build machine learning models through all phases of development, from design through training, evaluation, validation, and implementation
- Flex your interpersonal skills to translate the complexity of your work into tangible business goals
- Customer first. You love the process of analyzing and creating, but also share our passion to do the right thing. You know at the end of the day it's about making the right decision for our customers.
- Innovative. You continually research and evaluate emerging technologies. You stay current on published state-of-the-art methods, technologies, and applications and seek out opportunities to apply them.
- Technical. You're comfortable with open-source languages and are passionate about developing further. You have hands-on experience developing data science solutions using open-source tools and cloud computing platforms.
- Statistically-minded. You've built models, validated them, and backtested them. You know how to interpret a confusion matrix or a ROC curve. You have experience with clustering, classification, sentiment analysis, time series, and deep learning.
- Bachelor's Degree plus 7 years of experience in data analytics, or Master's Degree plus 5 years of experience in data analytics, or PhD plus 2 years of experience in data analytics
- At least 3 years' experience in open source programming languages for large scale data analysis
- At least 3 years' experience with machine learning
- At least 3 years' experience with relational databases
- PhD in "STEM" field (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics) plus 4 years of experience in data analytics
- At least 1 year of experience working with AWS
- At least 1 year of experience managing people
- At least 5 years' experience in Python, Scala, or R for large scale data analysis
- At least 5 years' experience with machine learning
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).