Center 2 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Credit Review Senior Manager
The Credit Review Senior Manager is responsible for executing an independent, risk-based assurance review of assigned areas within Capital One's Consumer credit portfolio, including assessment of credit practices, effectiveness of policy implementation and risk governance. The Senior Manager will contribute towards the execution of the annual Credit Review operating plan by conducting reviews of credit processes or products, performing monitoring of credit trends and credit changes in the assigned portfolios. This associate will also be responsible for building and maintaining working relationships with line of business management and key associates within the risk management organization. General Responsibilities Execute the Credit Review function by:
- Conducting risk-based reviews covering consumer line(s) of businesses
- Identifying credit process weaknesses
- Identifying emerging trends and issues
- Identifying gaps in credit policy
- Tracking of identified issues to resolution
- Communicating Credit Review assurance results with exceptional verbal and written communication skills, demonstrating strong clear thinking and succinct delivery of message
- Reporting results and issues verbally and in writing to executive management and internal credit and risk senior executives
- Working with regulators and external auditors to provide assurance that Credit Review processes are sound
- Building and maintaining high trust relationships with senior credit risk management, senior lending associates, and regulators
- Acting as an approachable advisor to business partners by developing continuous and effective communication channels for all stakeholders
- Showing ability to provide business leadership and partnering skills to help drive the organization towards critical decisions and deliverable results
- Bachelor's degree or military experience
- At least 7 years of professional business analysis experience
- At least 3 years of experience influencing senior level executives or regulators
- At least 1 year of experience in consumer credit risk management
- Master's Degree
- Formal credit training from a large national or regional bank or equivalent training in a regulatory office (e.g. OCC, Federal Reserve)
- Proven data analytics skills
- Prior audit or assurance experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
The minimum and maximum full-time annual salaries for this role are listed below, by location. Please note that this salary information is solely for candidates hired to perform work within one of these locations, and refers to the amount Capital One is willing to pay at the time of this posting. Salaries for part-time roles will be prorated based upon the agreed upon number of hours to be regularly worked.
New York City (Hybrid On-Site): $195,200 - $222,800 for Sr. Credit Review Manager
Candidates hired to work in other locations will be subject to the pay range associated with that location, and the actual annualized salary amount offered to any candidate at the time of hire will be reflected solely in the candidate's offer letter.
This role is also eligible to earn performance based incentive compensation, which may include cash bonus(es) and/or long term incentives (LTI). Incentives could be discretionary or non discretionary depending on the plan.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, citizenship, immigration status, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).