Summary Instructional Systems Specialist (ISS) Journeyman Great Lakes, IL
Are you ready to enhance your skills and build your career in a rapidly evolving business climate? Are you looking for a career where professional development is embedded in your employer's core culture? If so, Chenega Military, Intelligence & Operations Support (MIOS) could be the place for you! Join our team of professionals who support large-scale government operations by leveraging cutting-edge technology and take your career to the next level!
Chenega Analytic Business Solutions (CABS) provides federal agencies and commercial customers with trusted insights into Records and Information Management, Administrative Solutions, Information Technology, Engineering, and Training. Formed in 2017 to serve federal and commercial customers, CABS is 8(a) certified and has grown quickly into a leader in the federal IT and Training environment.
In this key role, you will provide support to the U.S. Naval Warfare Center Training System Division (NAWCTSD). NAWCTSD provides research, testing, evaluation, and acquisition of training systems for all branches of the US Military.
The Instructional Systems Specialist (ISS) Journeyman
develops instructional material, coordinates educational content, and incorporates current technology into instruction, to provide guidelines to educators and instructors for developing curricula and conducting courses. Responsibilities Work you'll do
As an Instructional Systems Specialist (ISS) Journeyman
within our NAWCTSD
team, you will:
- Review content at all stages of the development process from initiation to final completion, to provide quality assurance and to ensure conformance with contract specifications.
- Maintain courseware lessons that support major military-related systems training.
- Interpret compliance policy and standards for curriculum design and documentation for training conducted.
- Independently perform training situation analyses and job task analyses to support the functional design and development of synthetic training systems and equipment to solve problems.
- Professionally document the results of analyses.
- Use appropriate industry and government standards and specifications.
- Provide product/documents/reports:
- ISD: Training Situation Analyses, training System Functional Descriptions, Military Characteristics, Instructional Performance Requirements, Instructional Media Requirements, Instructional Media Design, training Program Structure, Course Conduct Information, Training Conduct Support, training Evaluation, Test Package, Instructional media Package, Training Systems Support, Electronic Performance Support Systems (EPSS).
- HSI: Mission Analysis, Mission Scenarios, Functional Flow Block Diagrams, Operational Sequence Diagrams, Performance Baseline Specifications, Quality Function Descriptions, Top-Down Functional Analysis, Workload Analysis, test Analysis, Manpower Estimation.
- HPI: Business Analysis, Performance Analysis, Root Cause Analysis, Intervention Performance, HPI Evaluation; POA&Ms.
- Complete annual company and customer-required training, as required.
- Complete timesheets daily in an online system according to company policies and procedures.
- Travel up to 50%.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field, which includes at least 24 semester hours appropriate to the work for this position.
- The course work must have included study in at least four of the following five areas:
- Learning Theory, Psychology of Learning, Educational Psychology
- Instructional Design Practices
- Educational Evaluation
- Instructional Product Development
- Computers in Education and Training
- Must have 3+ years of practical experience working with the knowledge of learning theory and principles, methods and practices, and techniques of one or more specialties of the instructional systems field.
- Secret clearance is required to start.
How you'll grow
- Must have the ability to attend all customer in-person meetings and conferences within 2 hours, as requested.
- Knowledge of one or more subjects or occupations in which educational or training instruction is provided:
- Conduct occupational analysis, Instructional Design activities, Development of Instructional Materials, Training Aids & Devices, Instructional Services, Instructional Program Evaluation, Staff and Faculty Development, and Tests and Measurement.
- Advanced working knowledge of a variety of computer software applications, including Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook.
- Possess excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize.
- Ability to effectively communicate in written and verbal English language.
- Ability to multi-task in a high-performance-based environment.
- Possess strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to self-start and work independently or as a team.
- Ability to travel up to 50%.
At Chenega MIOS, our professional development plan focuses on helping our team members at every level of their careers to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn.
We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their careers. Benefits
At Chenega MIOS, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our team members and offer them a broad range of benefits.
Learn more about what working at Chenega MIOS can mean for you. Chenega MIOS's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our team members to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and continuously look for new ways to maintain a culture where we excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Corporate citizenship
Chenega MIOS is led by a purpose to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our team members, and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.
Learn more about Chenega's impact on the world.
Chenega MIOS News- https://chenegamios.com/news/ Tips from your Talent Acquisition Team
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Chenega MIOS to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your research, we suggest you review the following links:
Chenega MIOS web site - www.chenegamios.com
Glassdoor - https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Chenega-MIOS-EI_IE369514.11,23.htm
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/1472684/
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/chenegamios/
#Chenega Analytic Business Solutions, LLC
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program