Summary Technical Manager - Journeyman Ft. Belvoir, VA
Chenega IT Enterprise Services (CITES) offers forward-thinking technology solutions to federal agencies and the DoD. Formed in 2016 to serve federal customers CONUS, CITES has grown quickly into a best practices leader for the modern federal enterprise.
The Technical Manager - Journeyman
will support the Integrated Product Team for the Army Network and Communication Services (ANCS) Project Office. This Army Acquisition project office is responsible for supporting Army 365 (A365), the Army's enterprise email effort, and the Headquarters Army Futures Command, Information Technology as a Service (ITaaS) effort. These efforts provide Army users with IT services and support at AFC and across the Army. The Technical Manager
will be trusted to manage customer, contractual, technical, and operational aspects of the client's IT acquisition program with multiple stakeholders from inception to completion. The Technical Manager
should have a broad background in the delivery of medium to large-scope IT initiatives, including but not limited to supporting the varying needs of partners to plan, design, implement, and maintain an IT infrastructure, services, operations, and applications services and to securely deploy, maintain, and optimize IT services and roles of IT governance. The Technical Manager
shall be familiar with industry best practices and have a working knowledge of government contracts and subcontract management. Responsibilities
- Validate that technical approaches across the ANCS portfolio of services integrate with respect to technology enhancements, requirements maturation, and overall program management planning and control efforts. Assist in the development of an Integrated Master Schedule with dependencies and identification of the critical path for each project/product and/or service delivery.
- Facilitate functional and technical requirements development and validation in coordination with internal and external stakeholders such as Army Futures Command (AFC), NETCOM, HQDA CIO, and PEO EIS.
- Plan, organize, and manage critical aspects of the development, implementation, production, deployment, transition, and sustainment of capabilities.
- Present ANCS technical briefings and strategies at meetings, conferences, in Integrated Product Teams, working groups, and in other forums on behalf of ANCS.
- Identify and evaluate as part of a team emerging technical risks and provide mitigation recommendations related to technical integration of enterprise services.
- Analyze dependencies and intersections with other related Army IT modernization efforts (e.g. Army 365 application, and IT as a Service operating environment).
- Provide support for requirements generation, allocation, verification, and validation across the ANCS portfolio.
- Initiate and conduct market research and analysis related to ANCS acquisition and material solution development projects.
- Assist in the development of roadmaps detailing plans during the upcoming period and provide detailed input into the top three (3) weekly deliverable report which identifies quantifiable objectives achieved and ensure weekly team tasks are updated.
- Report weekly accomplishments against objectives established with government concurrence for the previous period.
- Meet regularly with the Government Management staff to discuss, modify (if necessary), and agree to the objectives and way ahead strategy.
- Deliverables: Reports and work products to include -Technical Briefings, Project Integration Reports for Releases; Special Project Reports; Market Research Reports, and Documentation of the results of analysis in white papers, presentations, or other required formats to share the recommendations that meet the requirements. [As Required, CDRL A001 - Monthly Status Reports, CDRL A002 - Work Products]
- Represent the IPT in all ANCS efforts (meetings, events, etc.) at their respective Other Transaction Agreement (OTA) locations, ensuring information dissemination throughout the IPT. Ensure ANCS equities are represented during these efforts and report any issues or concerns through the ANCS IPT or AOR as appropriate.
- Coordinate efforts with Stakeholders and ANCS to ensure synchronization between Vendor, Installation Stakeholders, and UNiO.
- Assist the AOR as needed and agreed upon ANCS PO, AOR, and Current Operations Lead.
- Assist, at the discretion of the AOR, in coordinating communication between the stakeholders.
- Represent the FMO as the subject matter expert for all aspects of a vendor solution and implementation. Conduct sync meetings with ANCS's stakeholders and AOR as needed to ensure smooth transitions between phases and milestones.
- Cultivate relationships with Stakeholders. Coordinate requests for information from Installation Stakeholders in collaboration with AOR/Vendor RFI management.
- Assist the ANCS IPT in the continuous identification of lessons learned, critical success factors, metrics, risks, contingency plans, and roadblocks.
- Assist in coordinating vendor actions on-site with UNiO LNO and provide feedback to the IPT and installation stakeholders.
- Develop familiarity with existing infrastructure and technical capabilities at each installation.
- Lead discussions as needed/directed to coordinate efforts with installation Stakeholders, vendors, & representatives.
- Assist, as requested, in the continuous development of ANCS goals, i.e., strategy, staffing/scheduling of assessments, surveys, working groups, organizational coordination, interviews, and management of key stakeholders.
- Provide weekly activities close-out report/EXSUM (not limited to outlining completed activities, upcoming activities, challenges, and/or overdue actions) to the IPT to maintain situational awareness or provide support as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree and at least seven years in a technical, computer science, information technology (IT), or engineering field.
- Understanding of basic concepts relating to as well as TCP/IP-based networking concepts.
- Foundational knowledge of Microsoft Windows architecture including general knowledge of system management best practices for Microsoft Windows Server, Exchange, SQL Server, Active Directory (AD), Group Policy, and Remote Installation Services
- Foundational knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 and associated cloud-hosting environments
- Secret clearance required
How you'll grow
- Experience managing IT projects and business projects in the DoD acquisition community preferred.
- Exhibits the ability to work with little direction to develop and facilitate functional and technical requirements development and validation on large and technically complex projects.
- Broad knowledge of other Microsoft systems infrastructure products such as Azure and Windows Server, SCCM.
- Experience providing user guidance, documentation, and consultation.
- Excellent written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
At Chenega MIOS, our professional development plan focuses on helping our team members at every level of their careers to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn.
We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their careers. Benefits
At Chenega MIOS, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our team members and offer them a broad range of benefits.
Learn more about what working at Chenega MIOS can mean for you. Chenega MIOS's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our team members to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and continuously look for new ways to maintain a culture where we excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Corporate citizenship
Chenega MIOS is led by a purpose to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our team members, and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.
Learn more about Chenega's impact on the world.
Chenega MIOS News- https://chenegamios.com/news/ Tips from your Talent Acquisition Team
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Chenega MIOS to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your research, we suggest you review the following links:
Chenega MIOS web site - www.chenegamios.com
Glassdoor - https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Chenega-MIOS-EI_IE369514.11,23.htm
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/1472684/
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/chenegamios/
#Chenega IT Enterprise Services, LLC Teleworking Permitted?
Yes Teleworking Details
Fully Remote Estimated Salary/Wage
Up to USD $137,000.00/Yr.
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program